Skip to main content
Topic: Fluorescent Light Fixture Not Working Correctly (Read 1400 times) previous topic - next topic

Fluorescent Light Fixture Not Working Correctly

Yahoo Message Number: 110729

2001 Intrigue.

I turned on the fluorescent light in the bedroom, via the switch, but now I can not get it to turn off.

I pulled the switch out and disconnected all the wires to it thinking this would remove the power to the fixture. The light still would not turn off.

I tried and may have included a picture of the switch.

Can anyone help with this? Taking one of the bulbs out of the fixture is not the way I want to turn this light off.

Thanks

Richard Aquino
2001 Intrigue

Re: Fluorescent Light Fixture Not Working Correctly [1 Attachment]

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110734
Richard:

I have these switches IN STOCK if you are in need.

Kevin Waite

541-953-6162 (Cell)
kvn.wt.7629@...

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110735
Richard,

My flourescent fixtures each have a switch on the fixture near the ceiling. Yours may also. Easy to miss.
RJ

2005 CC Inspire #51264

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 110736
Richard,

I have a 2001 Intrigue and it has two switches with those lights in the bedroom. The one you were showing and one by the headboard or the wall of the bathroom. If one switch is on then you can not turn the light off. I have done this before.

I sure wish you were in the McKinney/Allen texas area as I would love to get more info on how my coach works as I am still trying to figure everything out. All of the stuff in the water bay is still a mystery.

Thanks,

Gene

2001 Intrigue CC-11292

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 110738
Thanks Kevin. I am not going to need the switches yet but good to know that you have some. I don't think they are made anymore so I may call you and get a couple anyways.

Gene, that was the answer I do have the same additional set of switched by the bed but in fifteen years I never have used them. The guys were installing the carpet that day and must have used those to turn the lights on vs the switches I use. I doubt I would have figured it out. That's one of the reasons that Kevin and this site are so valuable. After all these years I still find myself needing help at times.

If you have question Gene just ask away. This group can usually provide solutions to questions. My wet bay is probably like yours so if you need assistance with that or anything else just ask away.

Richard Aquino

2001 Intrigue 11285