Skip to main content
Topic: Potential electrical issue coming, intermittnat power code. (Read 1044 times) previous topic - next topic

Potential electrical issue coming, intermittnat power code.

Yahoo Message Number: 110793
So speaking of electrical issues. The other day I had the coach at the truck shop replacing a ride height valve. in doing so we had the key left on so we could dump and go into travel mode a few times. While key was on the engne warnng light came on and it threw an intermittent power code to my silverleaf. Ok so figured because the key was left on no biggie. Cycled a few more times code and light gone. Now, I go to fire up to leave, hit the starter and the starter did two quick stops if you will but coach turned over and fired. As if you let off the starter and went right back to start. So it may seem like I have a relay going bad that supplies the power to the engine? I read somewhere from the key switch there is a relay that powers up the motor and things in the rear. Does anyone remember this thread or know what relay ish I could try to look at? I am now going to check batt and starter connections at least. Heading from Ocala fl to Myrtle tomorrow and don't want any sunday problems. Thanks all.

Joe

2000 Country Coach Allure #30476
Cummins isc

Re: Potential electrical issue coming, intermittnat power code.

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110794
Joe.....On my coach, there is a start solenoid that handles the starter motor current in the rear of the coach. It's mounted just below the PS tail light on the outside rear end of the last PS compartment that houses the fuel filters. I've had to replace mine twice in the last several years.
Hope this helps.

Dave Trotter

01 Intrigue 11215

Hope this helps.

Inline image 2

Re: Potential electrical issue coming, intermittnat power code.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110795
Thanks Dave. Was this what caused your issue? I am not sure this is my issue. It threw a code with just the key on the first time with no starter draw. Second time when hitting the starter it did two burps then fired. I am wondering if there is a power relay or even the key switch wearing out. Something that supplies the power to the key switch or from key switch to relay something like that.