Skip to main content
Topic: water damage to slide (Read 1959 times) previous topic - next topic

water damage to slide

Yahoo Message Number: 110807
Need some help. I had or have a leak on the driver side slide wall next to fridge the wood is rotted the paper is molded on back side the fiberglass has delaminated below window. First question is this something that is covered with extended warranty normally. Second where is the best place to have this fixed? I live in Tn. have had Buddy Gregg do work before not real pleased with there service, also have had Butch Williams place work on Coach but not sure if they do this type of repair. The leak was present when I pruchased coach in 09 recaulked the slide roof and put eterbond tape around joints thought the leak was stopped. If it is there was a lot of damage that is now starting to show. I can fix the rotted wood an panelling but have no clue how to fix the delamination of the fiberglass. I have removed window trim and window and most of the rotted paneling an one piece of wood around window opening then I noticed the fiberglass was loose under window. this may be more than I can handle.

Tommy Townsend
2006 magna

Re: water damage to slide

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110809
I have used both and neither one knew what they were doing. Talk is cheap but end results cost me and had Coachcraft in Columbus ga redo and was right. I have used Coachcraft for years even on the Prevost we had. No complaints.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110814
Tommy,

Depending on your DIY skill level, here is a link. The repair process looks to be pretty straight forward.
RJ

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 110818
I feel your pain. We had major leaks in both driver side slides. We found mold and wood rot everywhere in the walls and floors. My son and I attempted to repair and completed most of the de-construction. We found the fiberglass walls had rot on the wood veneer and had become delaminitated. At that point we decided to bring to the Country Coach service center. They had basically built the slides as new just using the slide metal frame. We should be picking it up in the middle of June.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 110819
I've found several areas of potential wood rot and some delamination on our new Lexa. Im considering pulling it into the shop and attempting to replace as much plywood as I can and take it to the body shop prepped for new fiberglass and paint.
I have no clue what to expect cost wise to complete this repair, but I fear it'll be substantial.

Corey Graham

2003 Lexa Alexandria #6157
Prosper, TX

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 110843
Creative Coach in Lakeland Fl should be able to take care of that.

Ray

2000 Intrigue 11040