Skip to main content
Topic: Sheared Slide bolts (Read 1966 times) previous topic - next topic

Sheared Slide bolts

Yahoo Message Number: 110847
Hi All,

I am new to this forum. Just started traveling full time after living in our 2005 Inspire 330 for the last three years.
Started to get ready to pull out this morning from Port Angeles WA headed East and the DS slide sheared both bolts and broke the rear drive shaft for the slide also. Got the broken parts removed but need help to get everything put back together. Is there a limit switch on the drive motor? Does it have to be set to a particular location to reassemble? I think that i can get the slide to move all the way out with some effort. It was several inches out of whack but I now have it squared up and part way out.
I am probably going to have to wait till tomorrow to try and find a new shaft. I have new shear pins.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
DBaker

Re: Sheared Slide bolts

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110854
I do have a suggestion after you have it all back together. Check the 4 bolts attaching the shaft motor located in the hydraulic canister compartment. If these bolts are loose it will cause excess torquing on the the motor and shaft breaking the shear pins. I learned the hard way to be sure these are tight.

Jock Vargo

Re: Running Light Module location CC 2006 Inspire

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110862
I am new to this forum. Been trying to obtain information regarding the location of the:  daytime running light module Problem: The head light switch will not turn off the running lights--they stay on when switch is in off position. Is it in the dash by the light switch or in the outside electric compartment under driver's seat? I found a replacement (with the assistance of Kevin Waite but he doesn't know where it goes). It looks like it simply plugs in replacing the old one.
John and Grayle Blecker CCI #6909, Coach #51942 San Diego, CA e-mail: johngrayle @...
Home#858-488-5673

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 110867
Hi John,

The DRL module has no connection to the running lights. It's located in the electronics bay below the driver.

I suspect you may have a stuck relay in the SmartWheel controller. It's located under the dash next to your left foot when you are seated in the drivers seat. Pull connector J2 and see if the running lights go out.

Barney

07 Inspire 52059

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 110876
Thank you, Barney. I will be going out to the location where I store my motor home and check it out.
John

06 Inspire

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 110918
Barney, I tried your suggestion below - this did not help my problem. I have had "other so-called-experts" say it is the day time running light module.  I guess I will have to keep pursuing the location before I go to an RV Repair Shop.
Thanks,
John

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 110919
John,

My DRL module is located in the front left bay under the drivers seat. Very easy to find on ours.

Good luck,

Barney

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 110921
Just my 2 cents worth, I have switch for this in another location on the dash. Mine are on the left hand side control panel, not on the headlight switch or the steering wheel.

Alex Ritchey 2000 CC Affinity B&B

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 110943
Hi, all:

Please accept our apologies -- It has been called to our attention that the comment below in our communications was "offensive" when we stated "other so-called-experts". We should have been more specific as we were referring to our communications with commercial companies' technical personnel/employees whom we met at the recent rally. We were not referring to any of you folks in any way.

I will be going out to my motor home again to continue research/investigate of the suggestions provided.
FYI...my motor home is stored in our garage which is located 19 miles from home.
Thank you,

John and Grayle Blecker

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 110946
Hi John,

Since your last post was to me I just want to let you know I found nothing "offensive" in you post. Best of luck solving your problem.

Barney

07 Inspire 52059

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 111039

Barney, I tried your suggestion about the J2 connector in the SmartWheel Controller and that had no affect on my problem with the running lights staying on. I bought a new daytime running light module from Kevin Waite. You had advised this was in the electrical bay under the drivers seat (I have an 2006 Inspire 360) and I have looked quite thoroughly and can not find it. Would it be possible for you to take a photo of its location as it appears that it should be just a matter of unplugging and plugging in the new one. Would greatly appreciate it if this was possible for you to take a photo of its location and send it to me.
Thank you very much for your assistance in this matter.
John Blecker CCI#6909, Coach #51942 , 2006 Inspire 360 email: johngrayle@...
Home #858-488-5673