Skip to main content
Topic: outdoor grill (Read 3114 times) previous topic - next topic

outdoor grill

Yahoo Message Number: 110855
Hello Everyone!!

I am in the process of "stocking" up my coach for my first year of Rv'ing. I purchased the coach this year and am excited to start bringing the family around this awesome country we live in. My question today is I am looking for recommendations on outdoor Grills. Basically We will be cooking hamburgers and hot dogs, and the like. We would also want to do some "one pot specials" like chili or stew or soup style meals. The grill would need to fit in the basement, and so were all on the same page, I am not too handy with charcoal. Thanks for any recommendations.

Dave 2004 Intrigue Ovation 42'

Re: outdoor grill

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110857
We have a used webber fold up propane grill we are looking to sell. Let me know if you are interested.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110860
I have the Coleman Roadtrip grille and it works great. I supply it from a tap on my coach's LPG tank so I don't have to carry portable tanks or bottles. It folds up to a fairly compact size, I store it in the bay next to the LPG tank. The RoadTrip has several interchangable grilles. I have the BBQ grilles (2-piece), the pancake griddle, and the stove top grate which is designed to support pots and pans, and sounds like what you want for your "one pot specials".

Others have the Weber Q and like it. From the research I did before buying mine, the Weber Q and the RoadTrip were the two front-runners.  Got mine here:  Amazon.com : Coleman 9949-750 Road Trip Grill LXE : Camping Stove Grills :...

Dusty Sharp
Mentone, CA
1998 Intrigue

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 110863
I use the weber Q. Easy to clean. Cooks perfect.

2005 Intrigue Suite Sensation #11890
Cummins 400 ISL

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 110866
One I now have is a Foreman gas unit. It is compact heats up well and you can flip the grill to a smooth side to do things like pancakes or eggs. The ridged side does bacon really well even.

Amazon.com: George Foreman GP200B Portable Propane Camp & Tailgate Grill,...

Example but shop around mine is arrest me red! :)

Ray

They say wine improves with age! As I enter my golden years, I say age improves with wine! The Born Loser

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 110868
Crock pot works great for one pot meals, we use ours mostly on long travel days. Fill it up put in sink and plug in, make sure plug is powered by inverter and inverter is on.

Only downside is the amazing smells about mid afternoon when you hit a bump and the lid moves a little letting those smells out.

Ray

They say wine improves with age! As I enter my golden years, I say age improves with wine! The Born Loser

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 110882
I also have a Coleman Road Trip XL. It is a pain to clean the silver part underneath the grates, I end up taking it apart and pressure washing it, but otherwise the available accessories like the griddles & stuff are really nice. I have the hose adapter to use it with the coach's LP or a 20lb BBQ talk or the standard 1lb disposables. I use it for almost every meal when I am traveling.

Mark M

1998 Intrigue #10661

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 110883
Weber Baby Q..... or anything else by Weber, outstanding and last a long time. The Baby Q is small and does not use charcoal, only propane, quick and easy. We full timed for 12 years with one!!

Steve 2000 Magna, 5784

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 110884
I'm following the grill thread as well, and am interested in the Weber. I see 3 different sizes for sale online. Any particular model that everyone prefers?

Corey Graham
2003 Lexa #6157
Prosper, TX

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 110885
Finally, add a large Cast Iron pot to make big batches of spaghetti sauce, pot roast, etc.

Humm,  maybe a residential refrigerator is needed???

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 110886
OK Lee, now you gone and made me hungry!!!!

When the fridge goes on my coach, it seems the residential fridge is the way to go... as for the cast iron pot... are you serious? I could see my wife using one and making the roast and spaghetti sauce. .. now I'm REALLY hungry!!!

Dave

04 Intrigue 42'

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 110887
Steve, and all the other replies. Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction. I'm definitely going to be researching weber. Thanks again

Dave 04 intrigue ovation 42'

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 110888
Dutch oven for cast iron but for us crock pot for those items. BTW they make liners so you don't have to worry about scraps down the sink.

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 110889
Hi Dave, glad you're into this!

I do most of the cooking. The original gas stove will work nicely, but the Norcold (I'm assuming that's what you have) is really inadequate. Many of us have installed a Samsung 19 cu ft model.

So you cook up a big batch of spaghetti sauce (I've got a great Marinara Sauce recipe if your interested). Once cooled, I get 5-6 zip lock bags of sauce. Each bag is enough for dinner for two. No way there'll be room for them in the Norcold along with other items. Tons of room in the Samsung. I also do an awesome Pot Roast from a Chuck Roast, again 4-5 dinners, but use Tupper type containers, another 4-5 meals.

Once did up 10 dinners in 24 hours. You get the idea! And the Samsung is a champ for keeping them really frozen for weeks.

Keeping a Norcold until it fails is not a good idea . . . fire/safety hazard.

Lee Zaborowski

"‹07 Intrigue"‹

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 110905
Weber Baby Q.... plenty of grill size and easy to store. Total winner...

Steve 2K Magna #5784

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 110912
Thank you everyone for your responses. After the research, and the great recommendations, I ended up getting the weber Q 2200. The Coleman was a really nice choice too, but the Weber was quite a bit more recommended.

Thanks Again. 
Dave

04 Intrigue Ovation 42'

Reply #18
Yahoo Message Number: 110916
Yup, Weber Baby Q. Had mine for close to 15 years and finally had to replace the grill plates. It now come in two pieces. Several years ago I drilled a hole in the cover and installed a thermometer. I use the 1# bottles which I refill myself. I generally carry it in the back of the toad when traveling - easy to do and doesn't take up bay space.
DougC

1994 Magna 5172