Skip to main content
Topic: Camping Clubs (Read 2000 times) previous topic - next topic

Camping Clubs

Yahoo Message Number: 110890
We belong to Thousand Trails and was wondering if any knows of other places like them, that you can pay a yearly fee and can get very discounted camping.

Thanks, Mike
1997 Intrigue.

Re: Camping Clubs

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110891
We belong to the Elks. Throughout much of the country many of the lodges have RV facilities, and most have a bar and many serve dinner. It is always a pleasure to meet the local folks and learn about their community. It is a worthwhile organization and membership is reasonable. I have admiration for this organization and the people.

We have found a welcoming lodges on trips from California to the East Coast as well as through the Western States.

Michael

2006 Inspire 360 51748

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110894
Mike, Thanks for the info on the Elk's, that looks like it is something I can join once I get back home, whenever that will be. I was looking into something more like Thousand Trails that I can join as we are on the road.

Mike

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 110896
One that is popular for people traveling in more of the off season for a location, lots of rules but save lot's of money if it works for you.

http://www.passportamerica.com/

Ray

They say wine improves with age! As I enter my golden years, I say age improves with wine! The Born Loser

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 110897
Michael, our 06 Inspires are very close together. Ours is 51784. We've read about belonging to the Elks. It does sound really good. Were you a member of the Elks before using it as an RVer? We'll have to find a place to join here in MN southeast of the Twin Cities I think! Glad to know about this.

Thanks. 
Mary

2006 Inspire 51784

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 110898
Thanks very much for all the advise, I have Passport America, Thousand Trails and Good Sam Club, I was just wondering if there is one out there that I may not know of.

On Tuesday, May 2, 2017 2:06 PM, "oconnell cnrllc@... [Country-Coach-Owners]"  wrote:

One that is popular for people traveling in more of the off season for a location, lots of rules but save lot's of money if it works for you.

http://www.passportamerica.com/

Ray

They say wine improves with age! As I enter my golden years, I say age improves with wine! The Born Loser

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 110899
There are other campground memberships like TT none as extensive that I have seen.

Ray

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 110901
Actually no. Though we've had motorhomes since 1974, it was about 3+ years ago when Colorado's Front Range got an unprecedented heavy rain lasting several days, causing floods, including wiping all of RV parks within a reasonable distance from Boulder where our daughter was a new mother, and we were in our motorhome.  A friend suggested he sponsor us into the organization and we explored it. Frankly, I had no idea how large, welcoming, and service oriented the organization was, and went ahead and joined it. It has been a good fit for us, both on the road, and in our local lodge.  Local Lodges - Minnesota Elks Association