Skip to main content
Topic: outdoor Carpet (Read 1374 times) previous topic - next topic

outdoor Carpet

Yahoo Message Number: 110911
Hello Everyone. I have another question, but before I get to it, I just want to thank everyone for the responses. This community is amazing. Ok. I am going to be going to my first camping destination in a couple weeks. We are going to Knoebles Grove in Pennsylvania. It is an older family amusement park, sort of like Six Flags, but with more of an old school theme, with wooden roller coasters etc. Anyway, I wanted to get an outdoor carpet for under the main awning. What is protocol on this? The carpet doesn't have to fit completely under awning, or should it? What kind of carpet is recommended? Best Place to get this carpet? Any advice is appreciated.

Dave

04 Intrigue Ovation 42'

Re: outdoor Carpet

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110913
Your carpet only needs to be as big as you want it to be. Walmart does sell these in the camping/RV section. Of course they are available at CW and Amazon and many other places. I've seen some folks that just buy a piece of Astro turf from Lowe's. Just buy the color you think will look nice and the size you want. Sometimes if I'm on a large enough concrete pad I don't even put mine out.

Britt

2004 Intrigue 11836

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110914
Also get some stakes; wherever I go it seems to be windy enough to blow away the carpet if it isn't staked down. Most of those that are actually made to be camping carpets have grommets around the edges for stakes.

Mark M

1998 Intrigue #10661

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 110932
Dave,

For us we have or carry 2 different size outdoor rugs. The problem you will run into is some RV locations do not want you to cover up their grass if it is next to the rig. Others when the ground is dirt and or rocks really don't care. When it comes to size that's going to be a personal choice or what you want. Our largest rug is 10X15, the shorter one is a 5x8.
I use both at different times, it just depends on how much room and ther things. Make a decision and just enjoy it.

Dave & Jodi

2007 Allure 40' w/tag
Coach #

Henderson, NV & Mtns of So. Calif
Dave & Jodi
2007 CC Allure 40’ Tag #31495
2012 Jeep GC
Big Bear Lake, Ca & Henderson, Nev