Skip to main content
Topic: New Motor Home (Read 2133 times) previous topic - next topic

New Motor Home

Yahoo Message Number: 110923
Hi Folks,

My wife and I are planning on moving to a new 2017 or 2018 motor home from my older 2004 Country Coach Inspire. As we all know there is no longer Country Coach.
I am looking for advice on what brands are out in the market place with the quality of Country Coach. All suggestions are welcome.

Walt

2004 Inspire

Re: New Motor Home

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110925
I honestly don't think there is a coach comparable to the quality of the CC. I have friends with newer SOB and they constantly have issues with them. Just my opinion folks.... I love my coach!

Dennis '09 Allure 470 Crane Prairie 45 footer!

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110926
Regrettably there is no Country Coach anymore so I am looking for the runner up to Country Coach.
Walt

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 110927
I have to agree with the quality. I can't imagine going from a good solid year CC to something new. Maybe if you were going into an Entegra or Marathon then maybe yes. I just was speaking with another CC owner in Myrtle beach and they took a year to upgrade their 98 CC to their 04 Magna. Boy what a nice rig. They said they couldn't move to anything else after owning a CC. Take a look around and see what you think. I know we all have our different opinions and wants. Good luck with your upgrade!

Joe and Missy

2000 Country Coach Allure #30476

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 110928
We are looking to down size, and to sell our Country Coach Affinity, 2008. Send me an email or call for details.

George James, 08 Affinity 6877
gjames@...
210-240-7307

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 110936
Maybe Foretravel. Newmar is not even close and neither is Monaco or Tiffen. Beaver is gone, Safari is gone, Western Alpine is gone and Blu-bird, and most of the others are not acceptable. Another choice a pre-owned Prevost . 3 or 4 year old Prevost would be cheaper than a new Foretravel or Newell, and like CC you'll know you have a decent chassis, which I can't say for the Spartan under the Foretravels. You can tell I'm CC nut, but there are some things about Magnas and Intrigues that other manufacturers are unwilling to incorporate at any price. I realize CC has issues, and Cat engines eat fuel, but the basic coach will last a long time. I realize the Air conditioners, Hydro- hots, appliances, and entertainment electronics are all going to be in need of replacement and the coach will need hoses and pumps, etc etc. But spending $100,000 in repairs and updates to a $279,000 2007 or 08 Magna is still small fraction of the cost of anything else new out there. TWI 2004 Intrigue 11731

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 110937
We agree with the very well stated posts regarding how terrific (with things that do need fixing of course) CC coaches are. We bought our 06 Inspire new, and we are very grateful it's been ours for 11 years now, and we hope all goes as planned and we'll be able to keep it and go where we hope to go in it for many more years. We also have hope that the coach itself will continue to be as good as it is. We owned a Fleetwood Southwind to begin with and then a Winnebago Ultimate Advantage. Obviously, neither could hold a candle to the CC Inspire, and we knew at the time it was the lowest of the CC models. It's still wonderful! We installed the Samsung refrigerator about 4 years or so ago, and we've changed the tvs along with the things almost all have had to do too. It was interesting to read Tom's post below as to all of the brands that are gone. I also didn't realize that the Foretravels use a Spartan chassis. And upgrading one of our CC coaches is indeed a fraction of the cost compared to the newer fancy ones. Good posts!

Mike and Mary Frederick
06 Inspire 51784

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 110938
Good question. We're new to Motor Homes, having upgraded from a toy hauler 5th wheel last year. We researched pretty extensively, and honestly didn't find anything comparable to the CCs in current production, with the exception of the really high end rigs (Newell, Foretravel, Prevost), all of which were out of the question pricewise. The only recent models we would have considered were the Allegro Bus (not to be confused with many lesser Tiffen rigs which are also called Allegro) and the Entegra. But at the end of the day, we opted for an '08 CC Allure. We have not regretted that decision. LOVE this Coach.

Don Hutchins

08 Allure 40' tag, Cat C-9 w/ Cat tranny
Don Hutchins
'08 Allure 470 #31613
40' w/tag, Cat C-9 & Cat tranny

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 110939
Unfortunately Country Coach is gone so I can't buy a new one and I have updated my 2004 with new electronics, the Samsung refrigerator ect. I can spend another $100,000.00 on the 2004 Country Coach but it will still have the value of $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 in the market place. We want a longer coach, 45 feet with a tag axle and more horse power, I can't add those to my Country Coach. Don't get me wrong I am a happy camper with my coach (pun intended) but me and my Country Coach are both aging. I can't get a new me but I can get a new coach, so back to my original question what is a good motor home in the current market place.

Old Walt
2004 Inspire

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 110940
Personally my monies would have to be in a Prevost conversion on the H3 chassis. 45ft of solid elegance and a drivetrain to match. Late model pre-owneds seem to reflect good value for the price, and they're built to be driven. Good luck and safe travels.

Jeff Thurston

2004 Intrigue 42ft Ovation

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 110941
I've looked at a lot of motorhomes over the years and nothing really comes close to CC in its price range. Certainly Prevost conversions (some), Newell, and perhaps Foretravel are great coaches, but they start at about $1.5M. I don't think Entegra comes close and the high end Monaco's are now just Fleetwood's in fancy clothes. The proof is in the detail and the cabinetry...just tap a pocket door or a cupboard cover in most coaches...

But, as always, just my opinion.

Dave Glen

'06 Magna 6591