Skip to main content
Topic: No Speed-0 (Read 1225 times) previous topic - next topic

No Speed-0

Yahoo Message Number: 110929
Headed out today for a 2 week trip got at the end of road and looked down and my speedometer was stuck at 10mph (no miles added or nothing on the trip meter) I know it should cycle with the key when you turn it on, have stopped and turned it off and back on but it does not move. Any thought on this one, everything I turn around another problem.
Floyd 2006 Inspire 51744

Re: No Speed-0

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110931
There could be a few things wrong. If the transmission defaults in 5th gear and won't go into sixth it is the J1939 wiring. The problem is typically located just above the muffler. Wiring is 70deg cent. wiring and excessive heat will melt the wiring. Another problem could be the sending unit, I think is in the trans. or maybe the speed-o itself. Hope this helps Mike

2006 Inspire #51808

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110933
When that happened to me I called the manufacturer and they gave me the following instructions:

On the back of the speedo I'd a rotary dial marked "alternator range".

Write down where the arrow is pointing. Mine is C.

Rotate dial 5 turns to clean tarnish off the contacts. Leave in the proper position.

Done.

Speedo is Teleflex Morse 62544

Their number 941-538-7775

Ray Down

06 Inspire 51602

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 110934
Thanks guys, the trans goes into 6th just fine no problem there. When we get back I will look at the back of the speedo to see what I can see. For now I will use my Garmin to check speed.
Floyd 2006 Inspire 51744