Skip to main content
Topic: water damage to slide update (Read 1776 times) previous topic - next topic

water damage to slide update

Yahoo Message Number: 110930

Need some help on reparing slide. I have removed all the damaged wood have most of the rust removed on the frame tubing. Have two ways to treat the rust, prime and paint or use rust stabilizer. Any thoughts on which is better. Second gluing the luan back to the foam and metal frame there seem to be several options, contact cement appears to be what was the factory option, have seen post on using spray foam the window type, some use a dap product that is approved for eps, 3m spray adhesives are some choice. Any and all thoughts would be helpful.

Tommy Townsend
2006 magna

Re: water damage to slide update [2 Attachments]

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110942
Hi All

You Need to do both use rust converter and then Prime and Paint.

Re: water damage to slide update

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110945
Tommy,

Do you know what was is causing the water leak? Was it a bad seal? AC Drain?

Bob

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 110947
I think it was the roof of the slide, shortly after purchasing coach noticed a wet spot on carpet on slide.
found where the caulk had separated repaired and have not had any sign of leaks since. Had a small area on the carness where the veneer had come loose removed to repair that is when i found the damage but there was no dampness just dry rot and mold and mildew stains.

Tommy Townsend

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 110950
The slide cover had some damage when i got the coach it was torn and patched with something like duct tape and some of the seams had come unsewn. i had all that fixed that probably help with stopping the leaks as well. the coach was three years old when I took posesion so there was ample time for the wall to become soaked. I keep the coach stored inside but not sure how it was stored before me.

Tommy Townsend