Skip to main content
Topic: Toad question (Read 1909 times) previous topic - next topic

Toad question

Yahoo Message Number: 110956
I am in the process of setting up my toad vehicle. It is a 2007 Lexus GX470. I was told that I need to put the transfer case into neutral and turn the key one click. No problem so far, but what about battery issues?

Would it be better to do a battery disconnect, or a battery trickle charger, or perhaps I need to do nothing?

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Dave 2004 intrigue Ovation 42'

Re: Toad question

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110957
Pretty simple to add a charge line running off your coach alternator. Then you never have to worry about dead batteries in your toad.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110958
I tow an 07GX; put transfer case in neutral, tranny in park, key all the way left so steer wheel stays unlocked; after 55,000 miles no issues......no disconnect, no charger. I use AirForce1 brake system.

Steve..06 Intrigue 11930

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 110964
I have always had one form of a battery disconnect with my Ford and Mercurys, and the Honda Odyssey. The CR-V's it has always been a switch disconnecting radio, display and other auxiliary pieces. TWI 2004 42' Intrigue 11731

PS Please list serial number, year, and model of coach. 98 Allure 30255 for instance.

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 110966
Tom, thank you for your request for probably mostly new folks to our group that they list their coach, year and serial number. When I see a subject being discussed, the first thing I look for is whether or not it might have anything to do with Inspires, for example. Thanks again.

Mike Frederick
06 Inspire 51784

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 110985
Hi All,

I am new, and mostly I do list my Coach model and size, but I never list the serial number. I didn't realize that would be helpful. I will try to remember in the future. Apologies.

Dave 04 Intrigue Ovation 42' 11793

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 111141
Just a short update on towing. The Car is totally set up and Steve, as you said about key to the left, transfer case in neutral etc…. works flawlessly. What a simple car to tow with. Thanks for all the advice.

Dave