Skip to main content
Topic: Question about Magnum Energy ME-SBC Installation (Read 1488 times) previous topic - next topic

Question about Magnum Energy ME-SBC Installation

Yahoo Message Number: 110965
I just ordered a Magnum Energy ME-SBC to replace our failed Echocharger. For those that have done this replacement did you install it in the same location as the Echocharger? Our Echocharger on our 2005 Intrigue 11872 is located in the inverter compartment just above the battery compartment.

Bob

'05 Intrigue 11872

Re: Question about Magnum Energy ME-SBC Installation

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110967
It's pretty much the exact same unit, so my answer is yes same location....

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110979
I completed the same replacement and did use the location that you are talking about. I did however have to run the new wires from the engine compartment into the bedroom and put the control board underneath where the t.v. For the bedroom was located.

The old wiring system would not work with new system.

Donnie Coury

2003 Intrigue #11566

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 110980
Yes Bob. Mounted ME-SBC in same location as Echo Charger.

George in Birmingham
'03 Magna 6298
George in Birmingham
2003 Magna 6298

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 110981
Thanks for the responses. I was concerned about heat but I read the Magnum instructions and it seems as it should be fine.

Bob

'05 Intrigue 11872

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 111000
When we swapped out the OEM unit with the MS2812, and related components. The SBC was installed on the outside of the upper compartment, to the left of access panel that is held on via four wing nuts. This is above our Starter 8D Maintenance Fee CAT battery. The same area also has the AGS installed and a few other components for the Solar system too.

As I use AGM for the house batteries, and my experience with the CAT Starter battery showed minimal outgassing - I had zero concerns about damage to the electronics. May shift to a AGM Starter battery when this CAT MF battery, and will close off the battery compartments egg crate grate at that time...

And note, my install was with a 25 amp blade fuse. Which has gone out on me twice now. (The inline fuse wire is in side the access panel, so not real easy access, bad move by me and the tech that did the bulk of the work.)

I talked with Magnum about this, and they suggested that I should have been using a 30 amp slow burn fuse. So I have a few of those now, and the next time it goes out, I'll swap in the 30 amp. (As I understand it. Their instructions has one method of install that calls our for 25 amp, and another for 30 amp. The Magnum rep and I assume the tech read the wrong schematic when selecting the fuse.

Final tip, being able to see the lights the SBC is much easier, when not in an access panel compartment. I spot check all of my electrical gears communication lights on a regular basis.

Best of luck with our SBC:)!

Smitty
04 Allure Sold to a nice new owner! Now enjoying a 07 Magna Rembrandt 45' ISX600 #6775
"We're ONDROAD for THEJRNY!" (Toad and Coach license plates, say Hi if you see us!)