Skip to main content
Topic: Wireless Battery Voltage Monitoring (Read 1425 times) previous topic - next topic

Wireless Battery Voltage Monitoring

Yahoo Message Number: 110972
Looking for recommendations on a wireless battery monitoring system. I found a couple doing a google search, but some with pretty bad reviews. Would prefer not on my android device.

Mark

07 Inspire 51985

Re: Wireless Battery Voltage Monitoring

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110978
Can't say I know of any wireless ones that work well but if you have a Magnum Inverter then put in a BMK (Battery Monitor Kit) which gives not only voltage & amperage, but gives the important info of SOC (state of charge)

-Jim

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110982
I have an RVi brake system for the towed vehicle and it has a wireless monitor that plugs into the cigarette lighter in the RV. It will alert me if my towed vehicles battery is low.

Britt

2004 Intrigue 11836

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 111002
X's 2 on BMK-Meter, if you have a Magnum system.

If you don't, the many positive posts on the Bogart Eng. Trimetric monitoring systems.

If you're looking at wireless to save on wiring runs... Consider installing the Monitoring Screen in area more easily accessible to the battery compartment.

For example, our 04 Allure was converted from the OEM inverter/charger over to the MS2812 and related supporting components. A conversion connector was available to use the existing cabling, which made the changeover a bit easier. But we took a different approach on our Solar System install. I had the MidNite Classic 150 remote LED panel, installed just above our battery compartment in a wall of our bedroom cabinets. I figured I could walk back to check the info when needed, vs paying to run cables up to in our coach over the front door, where all of the OEM monitoring systems were.

That has worked out well for us...
Best of luck to you,

Smitty

04 Allure 31017
04 Allure Sold to a nice new owner! Now enjoying a 07 Magna Rembrandt 45' ISX600 #6775
"We're ONDROAD for THEJRNY!" (Toad and Coach license plates, say Hi if you see us!)