Skip to main content
Topic: update on slide repair (Read 1307 times) previous topic - next topic

update on slide repair

Yahoo Message Number: 110987
Thanks for the various suggestions the slide is slowing coming back together have to cut and fit all the different pieces then glue and clamp and let dry should have most of the wall completed in a couple more days. It is hard to stop everything else and work full time on the slide had to take off monday to go fishing had a good day fising but not much accomplished on the slide. Using 3m adhesive and pl 26 construction adhesive the 3m doesnt require much clamping but the pl 26 does not sure what the cure time is so I am taking it slow to make sure everything is solid. Will post some photos in a day or two.

Tommy Townsend
2006 magna

Re: update on slide repair

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110994
Did you determine what the source of the leak was? My previous owner said the slide leaked and he had it removed and repaired. The slide topper fabric is torn and water pools on it when the slide is out. I've removed the fabric and ordered a new one from Zip Dee.

Fred

2000 Magna #5734 40'

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110995
Fred,

If the slide is your living-room/galley slide you could have a leak on the outer edge of the slide. We recently also had a problem with our Galley slide leaking on the front outer edge. The glue/adhesive used to attach the outer fiberglass layer to the underlying plywood/insulation had begun to separate, we were then getting water between the outer layer of fiberglass and the wood/insulation. If may be worth a look for you as well. Especially since you have the topper off. Getting at the area would be much easier. We had new adhesive applied all along that edge. Solved our problem.

Bill & Nova Brown

03 Country Coach Allure 32'

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 110996

It appeared to be from the angle piece accross the top of slide. I repaired it some years ago no sign of moisture so I think the leak has been stopped but believe me I will remove the slide awning and make sure dont want to have to go thur this again not particuraly difficult but takes time have all the wall back together will post picture.

Tommy Townsend
2006 magna

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 111001

Have the window in wallpaper on ready to put cabinets in. The harderest part so far was the wallpaper.

Tommy Townsend
2006 magna

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 111023

Almost finished. carpet down later this week then slide trim. FINISHED

Tommy Townsend
2006 magna