Skip to main content
Topic: Electrical Issue (Read 1393 times) previous topic - next topic

Electrical Issue

Yahoo Message Number: 111040
2000 Country Coach Affinity B&B #5769 I was checking out the 8 coach batteries - added more water and wiped the terminals (they were pretty clean).

When I came back in the wife said there was a buzzing somewhere around the front dash. Later when we turned on lights in the front 1/2 of the coach, the information system would start talking; her usual "low fresh water storage" thing and the inverter would kick off. The coach would then get an E-10 error code on the Heart Interface. If we pushed the button to put the inverter back on - it would be OK until the next time we tried to turn on any of the overhead lights in the front 1/2 of the coach. None of the breakers ever tripped, we checked that. The inverter idle mode comes on and off and most of the time and gives us that E-10 code when we turn an overhead light or when we tried to turn on the Webasto for some heat, the lights and anything that is on seems to go to 1/2 power while the heater is gearing up and when it finally turns on, full power seems to come back.

Twice in the last 24 hours we have totally lost power in the coach, shore power and all. We have unplugged the shore power - turned the coach on, got power back but never to a normal situation and will still hear the buzzing somewhere in the front dash area.

Any assistance or ideas will be appreciated, as I was speaking with a certified mobile RV tech and he said "when you say Country Coach and start talking electrical problems, those things are way over engineered and I recommend you speak with an auto mechanic" :-( not too encouraging! I realize it is going to involve some troubleshooting - have a VA Dr. appointment this AM and when I get back I am totally going to fixate on getting this fixed! Will start with re-checking the coach batteries to see if anything is loose. BTW they are about 5 years old and are golf cart batteries.

Re: Electrical Issue

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 111046
Are your batteries on slides? If so, perhaps you've disconnected something when you opened or closed the slides. I pulled a wire from an inline fuse that went to my Link 2000 inverter controller when I did some battery work. It took me a long time to connect the slide movement of the batteries and the Link 2000 problem

Just a thought.

pete 2000 40' Magna CAT C-10, #5892
Pete
 2000 40'  Magna #5892  CAT C-10

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 111049
Many Thanks Pete,

I think we have found our problem as our 8 6 volt batteries are toast.  We have had them for 7 years. Replacing them tomorrow with Lifelines.

Thanks to all of your valuable input and insight.

Corky & Kathleen
00 Affinity B&B 5769

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 111052
Might be a bad conection or a battery going bad. I would check these first. Then check the grounds on the systems using power that seem to be a problem. Additional check in line fuses for you chargers for your batteries.

Alex Ritchey CC Affinity 2000 B&B #5773