Skip to main content
Topic: Closing Sewer Hose Entry to Critters (Read 2351 times) previous topic - next topic

Closing Sewer Hose Entry to Critters

Yahoo Message Number: 111140
The mice at our summer location are abundant this year and decided to nest on top of our black water tank. Does anyone have a good solution to closing off the area around the sewer hose? I suppose I could only connect the hose when I need to dump but I much prefer leaving the hose connected for the gray water.

Bob

'05 Intrigue 11872

Re: Closing Sewer Hose Entry to Critters

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 111145
Stuff the gap with stainless steel wool. It's not something they enjoy chewing on and it won't rust.

Dave

2000 Allure #30444

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 111146
I'll second the use of Critter Guard http://www.critterguard.com/. I use it on all my lines, power/water/sewer, and have never had any problems. It's clean, fast, and easy. I've used it for around 10 years and have no complaints.

Jim

'05 Allure w/tag. 31119,

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 111147
Peppermint oil, the good stuff. Also, dryer sheets (think bounce), I use them under my cargo bay slides. These options work to deter them. If you already have them in your coach they need to be exterminated, so traps. Don't delay because they love the wires in our coaches.

Good luck

Alex Ritchey 2000 CC Affinity B&B 42' #5773

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 111148
Bob

I went to West Marine Supply and bought an extra set of the screw in covers. Drill hole for the sewer lid and two holes for the water and flush hoses in the smaller lid. The sewer hose was more difficult to manage so I leave an extra hose in that lid and leave it at my summer site.

Dan 2006 Allure 31348       
Dan

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 111154
I feel your pain. Purchase some Bronze wool, like steel wool but won't rust, and pack it around any openings that you suspect the little critters might be getting in. Works great and easy to remove.

Steve wilcomb
#5784, 2000 Magna

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 111162
You might try a "Critter Guard". Also could wrap the area around the hose with steel wool. You can pick up small rolls of it at Lowes or HomeDepot. Their little teeth aren't sharp enough to chew through.