Skip to main content
Topic: Dash A/C 2007 Allure (Read 2724 times) previous topic - next topic

Dash A/C 2007 Allure

Yahoo Message Number: 111157
Hi All,

I have a nagging and repeat problem with my Dash A/C. I have had my A/C serviced so many times that if I add up the costs I would probably regret the day I attempted to get it working. That being said I am looking for any recommendations for any service facility in Northern California that may be good at diagnosing a freon leak. When the system has been recharged it works outstanding, the problem is I keep losing freon. All the parts have been replaced each time, new drier, new condenser etc. etc. etc. The only item that has not been replaced is the compressor.

I would greatly appreciate group wisdom on this issue and see if any of your have had a similar problem and how it was fixed.

I know they can run new lines from the engine to the front area but that appears to be extremely costly.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

David & Paula and the dogs

2007 Allure 470 #31554

Re: Dash A/C 2007 Allure

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 111158
Well obviously you've got a common leak issue.

What I'd do in my shop would be to first evacuate the system then put it on a high nitrogen charge, say right around 200psi and listen for leaks as well as verify with the gauge that it's dropping. Normally you can find the leak at this point, compressor, fittings are the most common spot. Being you've had many of the parts replaced my bet is either the compressor or a missing or damaged o-ring at a fitting. It can be a hose or crimped fitting but probably not if it works for a bit after being re-charged, but sure can be.!

Good luck!

Jim Lewis

Infinity Coach

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 111159
Have you had the hose fittings checked?

Recently had no dash air and it turned out hose connections were leaking.

John Beach

06 Allure 31309

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 111170
I have had mine looked at and parts thrown at it a total of six times in 2 1/2 years. Which has included 3 compressors plus all the parts you mentioned. Luckily I have a warranty so I told the mechanics if the warranty company approves it, have at it. Even with the authorization to replace any thing to fix it, it still remains leaking out. Me and several other people have inspected the lines front to back and have seen no evidence of a leak. I like to have all components on my coach working but this one has everyone stumped. Hope you have better luck than I have and if you do ever figure it out, please post it.

Brett

08 Allure 470 CP

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 111174
When I was a Fleet Manager, we had some problems children like buses and trucks, we took them to Hal's: Auto Repair Shop, Brakes, Oil Changes, Tires, Maintenance: Sacramento CA: Hal's Auto Care          Auto Repair Shop, Brakes, Oil Changes, Tires, Maintenance: Sacramento CA: Hal's Auto Care  Call Hal's Auto Care in Sacramento today for quality, family-owned auto repair since 1979. $24.95 for Lube, Oil,...        Looks like they are still in business, but one thing I know when I took stuff there, EVERY TECH was ASE certified in A/C.. I have recommended many people to them if the local guys cannot do it.  But it is a tight space down that street. Tim

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 111177
Harry Lockwood, sorry maybe some else can provide his number.

Wally & Elta Mae

2007Allure 470 #31535

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 111178
Harry Lockwood's number is 916-233-7253

On Thursday, June 1, 2017 8:16 AM, "Walter Falch wfalch@... [Country-Coach-Owners]"  wrote:

Harry Lockwood, sorry maybe some else can provide his number.

Wally & Elta Mae

2007Allure 470 #31535

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 111181
If you find a good tech have him isolate the three major components then charge them with nitrogen to determine which one is leaking then replace the components Darrell 2007 Intrigue

Dash air leak

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 111160
Can't they put a die in the system to detect where the leak is? We had ours recharged last July and they couldn't detect any leak with the gage but it obviously has a leak.
Headed out again in mid June to Texas so sure hope mine doesn't need recharged again!

Dennis Loving

'09 Allure 470 CP 31700

Re: Dash air leak

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 111163
Hi Dennis,

I had the same problem last year. We headed to Texas and we got to the Grand Canyon and that was the end of the A/C. I have yet to find a vendor in Nor Cal that uses dye and knows what they are doing.

Safe Travels.

David & Paula

07 Allure 470 #31554

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 111164
put the dye in yourself napa sells a dye kit pretty simple turn on system have compressor running put dye in on low pressure side. if compressor is not running the low side pressure is to high to connect the hose plus you get dye on the area then it is hard to detect leak. It comes with black light and colored glasses that make the dye very visible it needs to be dark to see the dye glow.

Tommy Townsend
2006 magna

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 111179
If you're in NORCAL, you're not far from Eugene OR and Oregon Motor Coach. They just completed an annual on my coach, including replacing my faulty compressor fan, which had caused a refrigerant leak. I can highly recommend these folks, most of whom are former CC techs. You can't beat their service or technical expertise. In fact, you may well have someone working on your rig who remembers building it! I'm sure they can solve your AC issue.

Don Hutchins,

'08 Allure 470, 40'tag, Cat C-9 w/ Cat tranny
Don Hutchins
'08 Allure 470 #31613
40' w/tag, Cat C-9 & Cat tranny