Skip to main content
Topic: Using floor stripper on waxed roof? (Read 1190 times) previous topic - next topic

Using floor stripper on waxed roof?

Yahoo Message Number: 111180
A couple years ago I switched from using 303 on the fiberglass roof to using Zep floor wax. It has worked pretty well but now its time to remove the old flaking, built-up floor wax layers before rewaxing..

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience using the recommended Zep floor stripper product on their RV roof for this purpose. When diluted to the recommended strength is it safe to use the stripper solution on the roof? Will it have any adverse effect on the clearcoat if some runs off the roof?

Any other suggestions in case the Zep stripper is ill-advised? --

Tom Harsch 2002 Allure #30791
Rapid City, SD
--
Tom Harsch -- 2002 36' Allure #30791

Re: Using floor stripper on waxed roof?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 111185
Hi Tom,

Interesting question - and I'm afraid I have no clue. But I'm curious as to why you switched from 303 to wax?

Don Hutchins

'08 Allure 470, 40' tag, Cat C-9 w/ Cat tranny
Don Hutchins
'08 Allure 470 #31613
40' w/tag, Cat C-9 & Cat tranny

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 111193
No help with your question, but I couldn't help but notice your logon name ... I often go by charsch ... probably some distant relation between us ....

Carl Harsch

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 111194
Tom I went from regular wax to floor sealant, and getting the aged sealant off required lots of scrubbing. We hit upon a white latex sealant at Lowe's that was made for exterior metal and fiberglass roofs on buildings and barns. It went on with a roller, gave excellent coverage, and has worked well for 5 yrs now. The product came in gallon pails like paint and had a 10 yr warranty. It went on over whatever residues were left from the old sealant that wouldn't come off. No more chalky streaks and the roof is less slippery. Good luck and safe travels.

Jeff Thurston

2003 Intrigue 42ft