Skip to main content
Topic: Roof air Leaks in bedroom (Read 2806 times) previous topic - next topic

Roof air Leaks in bedroom

Yahoo Message Number: 111221
Cleaned drain hoses, replaced ac seal, and still water is leaking in to coach. What fixes have we missed?

Magna 2002

Re: Roof air Leaks in bedroom

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 111235
Tom it is definitely coming from rear end of a/c and drips on bed. The RV service guy said it is coming in because of condensation freezing on condenser coils on ac. Then it appears to start dripping from roof air on to bed. It sounds like a new a/c will be a fix I do not know for sure but it definitely cools. Maybe a little clearer it is coming from the end where the fan is located.
Thanks

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 111238
We have found that if we level coach with rear a little lower we do not have this issue.

Gary Bender

2003 Intrigue 11701

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 111241
Does the condensate dump on the roof or does it drain out a hose to the ground? If it drains from a hose, I'd suspect the condensate pump.
I had the same problem and discovered the pump was defective, replaced and no leak.

John Beach

06 Allure 31309

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 111242
Our air conditioners have a condensate pump to move the water to the drain hoses. If this pump quits then it has leaked on to our bed. The pump can be replaced.

Dennis Holmes
2006 Intrigue 530

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 111244
It seems to be the back drain on right side. We have spent monet to fix it & still leaks bUT lower rear & no leak.

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 111245
One to be careful with is if leak is inside the water is running inside your ceiling doing hidden damage. If outside then could be relatively harmless. I.E. runs off roof before leaking into coach.

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 111249
Can't see all the thread so don't know if this was tried. I have a 2002 Affinity. Had water dripping on the bed. Former CC tech told me to clean mesh filters and use air to blow out drain lines, viola, problem fixed.

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 111254
As a retired professional viola player, I am always amused by the use of the word "viola."

Ken, #31035

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 111256
got me, make that voila ;) The tech said sometimes debris causes blockage......and it worked

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 111257
Condensation freezing on condenser? Nearly impossible but we could be speaking about semantics here the coil exposed to the outside air is normally referred to as the condensing coil but in a heat pump that coil in the heating mode acts as the evaporator in which case it does freeze. Heat pumps normally have a defrost cycle that thaws the coil on a predetermined cycle or the use of a pressure sensing device. That being said it may be the coil exposed to the indoor air that is freezing if that is the case there are just a few thing that can cause that it is either air flow or something in the refrigerant cycle itself. Hope this helps. If you need specifics feel free to call me.
Darrel916 759 8562