Skip to main content
Topic: Country Coach (?) on a used car lot in Wisconsin (Read 2244 times) previous topic - next topic

Country Coach (?) on a used car lot in Wisconsin

Yahoo Message Number: 111223

I saw this coach in a used car lot in rural Wisconsin this weekend and it caught my eye so I stopped to take a closer look at it. 4 pictures attached, if the Yahoo group attachment decides to work this time (I have had problems in the past with uploading pictures). I'm a little confused (and apparently so is the used car lot owner) about what this coach actually is....

The sign in the window says it is a 2002 Dutch Star, but the only thing corroborating that is the glass grab handle by the entry door which says "Dutch Star" on it. It has Country Coach emblems on the exterior, but no emblems or insignia for what model it might be (like mine has "Intrigue" in a couple places on the exterior graphics). But that might be due to a re-paint or something, and the mural on the back might make sense with this theory also.
Crawling underneath it and from what I know of engines & chassis, it looks like a Frightliner chassis and a CAT engine. No chassis or engine logos on the exterior either.
I could not get inside because it was locked and the business was closed, but from what I could see through the windshield it looks very close to my 1998 Intrigue's interior, although the dash is quite different being a different chassis. I could not find a VIN or coach number anywhere visible.

So - would those who are more familiar with this vintage of Country Coaches like to weigh in? My suspicion is that it is actually a CC where someone repainted the exterior, removing all the insignia & badges etc., and replaced the glass grab handle with one from a Dutch Star. I might try to call the business and see what they know about it too.

Mark M

1998 Intrigue #10661

Re: Country Coach (?) on a used car lot in Wisconsin

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 111227
I think it is a Dutch Star. The end caps look nothing like any CC I have seen.

Don

'02 Intrigue 11427
'02 Intrigue #11427

Re: Country Coach (?) on a used car lot in Wisconsin [4 Attachments]

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 111231
This a Country Coach want-a-be that somebody put on Country Coach emblems to foul people.

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 111232
You can put lipstick on a pig however, it is still a pig.

Wally & Elta Mae

2007Allure 470 #31535

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 111236
Country Coach did not use this kind of exhaust as far as I know. Only thing from a CC is the engine door, I think.

Dave Glen

06 Magna 6591

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 111252
I wouldn't pay any attention to the name on the door handle. Unless you talk to Kevin, CC door handles seem hard to come by. So if the DS one fits, use it.
Ken, 2004 Allure #31035

Country Coach (?) on a used car lot in Wisconsin

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 111272
Mark, did you see if it had a drivers side slide? Length? I may be interested. If you don't check it out would you please post the car lot name and info? I believe it to be a CC because of the side radiator. Through the windshield it looks like a 1999ish because of the TV location. This is the year range I have been looking at.
Thanks, Janice

Re: Country Coach (?) on a used car lot in Wisconsin [4 Attachments]

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 111273
And if they repainted it with Dutch Star handles and Country Coach emblems, with a Serengeti style mural on the back they are trying to really fake people out! Probably a wreck job..

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 111274
It's pretty blatant or would appear to be anyhow . I have to say it's not something to be expected.
Mary

06 Inspire 51784

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 111275
Guys It could be the grab handle broke and the Dutch Star was the only one availible, besides (and correct me if I am wrong) but is /was Dutch Star not a Country Coach brand??

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 111276
Nope, no way, no how was any CC ever called a "Dutch Star"
'02 Intrigue #11427

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 111277
Dutch Star is a Newmar product not exactly a low end unit that you would want to hide it's pedigree.

Ray

They say wine improves with age! As I enter my golden years, I say age improves with wine! The Born Loser

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 111279
It is NOT a Country Coach! May have an engine door from CC, but that's about it. Look at the exhaust. Freightliner chassis? Not!

Dave Glen

'06 Magna 6591

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 111280
With everything I've found and the replies on the forum, I do not think this is anything to do with Country Coach. I also found this picture of a 2002 Dutch Star and it appears to have the exact same door, front end cap & headlights, and even TV housing as the one on the car lot in Wisconsin.
http://bright-cars.com/uploads/newmar/newmar-dutch-star/newmar-dutch-star-08.jpg

Dutch Star is a model that was (and still is) made by Newmar, never had anything to do with Country Coach.
I suspect the same as many members have replied, that this was repaired/repainted and for some deceptive or just uneducated reason they put Country Coach emblems on it.

For those interested here is the dealer's website if you want to inquire about it: http://www.marvstrailersandautos.com/2002_DUTCH%20STAR_39%20CUSTOM_Somerset_WI_9606498.veh

Mark M

1998 Intrigue #10661