Skip to main content
Topic: 50 a electric cord (Read 2238 times) previous topic - next topic

50 a electric cord

Yahoo Message Number: 111285
I saw it before but cant find it. Could someone help me find part to fix reel up device is slipping.

07 allure 31490

Re: 50 a electric cord

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 111286
Mine slips all the time. real it out and then real it back in. it's just kind of wound up loose inside. Most of the time it'll come right back and start winding up in

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 111288
In addition to extending it out all the way, if the lettering on the cord is still visible, try to make sure it is straight (Not twisting around.) as possible. And then as you try reeling it back in, wipe off the cord well with a clean rag.

Hopefully as you as it is, thing swill start working well, or at least with some in/out of the cord, going all the way back in.

Best of luck to you,

Smitty

04 Allure 31017
04 Allure Sold to a nice new owner! Now enjoying a 07 Magna Rembrandt 45' ISX600 #6775
"We're ONDROAD for THEJRNY!" (Toad and Coach license plates, say Hi if you see us!)

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 111289
Is there any way to add markings? Is there any treatment that could be applied to the cord?

Wally & Elta Mae

2007Allure 470 #31535

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 111290
Worth noting that the PDF isn't representative of ALL our cord reel systems. I thought that's what mine looked like, until I had the "won't reel out" SNAFU with just 10' of cable extended, so I had to dig into the guts. My system is much more complex - the cord first goes UP, then horizontal, then is shoved into a round tub that lays on its side (rather than going down into a vertical tub as in this graphic). Beats me how it can work, but it does - until it doesn't.
The advantage to mine is that you can get into the cord tub from the "bottom" end and by pushing & pulling on the loops, un-tangle the cable so it can be extended. Once I'd done that, I very carefully worked out the twists, pulling & twisting it starting at the Coach end and working to the plug end. Then I wiped it down with slide-out lube to clean and slightly lubricate it before retracting. That worked like a champ.
I'd suggest that you need to fully extend the thing a couple times a year and clean/lube it before retracting, to keep the system healthy.

Don Hutchins

'08 Allure 470, 40' tag, Cat C-9 w/ Cat tranny
Don Hutchins
'08 Allure 470 #31613
40' w/tag, Cat C-9 & Cat tranny

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 111291
I took out the back housing that covers the electric cord and have watched how the cord comes in and out and tried to make sure it was straight. But the thing has a mind of it's own. So after hours of watching how it comes in and out and working with it I concluded just let it go in and out if it does get hang up just back it out about 2 feet then turn the cord clockwise about half or so then try running it in or out again. Good luck.

PS. THERE is an a tension judgment on the cord real if it is not going in and out with out having to help push it in or out.

Jim and Joyce Nichols
Stanwood, Washington
2006 Allure 42' # 31396

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 111293
You don't need a new part. There is an easy adjustment on the reel so it won't slipping. You need to remove the closet mirrors and on the driver's side there is carpet cover box. Remove the screws (about 4 or 5). On my reel there is a yellow knob just turn to tighten. Good luck

Jim and Joyce Nichols
2006 Allure 42' 31396
Stanwood Washington

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 111297
Don, sounds like good advice. What lubricant are you using for the “slide-out Lubeâ€

Dave

04 Intrigue 11793

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 111304
I'm not at the Coach, so I can't look at the can to say exactly what it is, but it's the stuff that they sell for lubricating slide-room seals. Comes out of the can as a foam. I just put some on the rag I'm using to wipe down the cord while retracting it, after working out any twists in the cable. Seems to make the thing work better, but I'd be very careful not to apply too much. You don't want the windlass slipping on a greased cable...

Don Hutchins

'08 Allure 470, 40' tag, Cat C-9 w/ Cat tranny
Don Hutchins
'08 Allure 470 #31613
40' w/tag, Cat C-9 & Cat tranny

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 111313
Dave,

If you have never used 303, I think you will find any number of uses for it. I use it on the vinyl dash, tires, the black plastic fenders on my Jeep, etc.

Don

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 111315
Thanks Don. Looks like I will be ordering more than 1 bottle.

Dave 04 intrigue 11793

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 111322
Hi,i use 303 0n the roof and it helps it from chacking, takes about a full bottle to do the roof, and i do the head lts also