Skip to main content
Topic: Cell Phone Signal Booster (Read 1608 times) previous topic - next topic

Cell Phone Signal Booster

Yahoo Message Number: 111294
My wife and I are traveling a lot and have both T-Moble and Verizon as providers. We were wondering if any of you are using cell phone boosters, if they are worth it, and what has been the best product used?

Mike

97 Intrigue.

Re: Cell Phone Signal Booster

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 111295
I have been using the T-Mobile Personal Cellspot in my home and it works great. I did have the cell booster for a while and did not perform as well. I don't know if it will work while traveling. There is no charge for the cellspot. I would check with them to see if it would work while traveling. My unit is connected to my internet provider.

Hope this helps.

Jock Vargo

Off the road since 2015

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 111296
We have used a Wilson amp and antennae system for several years now with good results. One to keep in mind, Wilson notes this on all their sites, you have to have a signal for the booster to work. It can not help if you are down in a narrow valley with no signal to start with.

Ours is 3G as 4G was just coming out and the amp was like double the price and we figured the more rural areas where the amp would help the most would only have 3G to start with. We were using both Verizon and AT&T originally and now just AT&T.

Ray

They say wine improves with age! As I enter my golden years, I say age improves with wine! The Born Loser

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 111298
What I learned from the IRV2 forum, 2 types of extenders: 1) wifi and 2) cellular. I am going to be staying in Casa Grande, AZ and I will be between 2 cell towers, so I have found out that that I need a cellular extender. I will post that information tomorrow.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 111300
Have used the Wilson unit for boosting low signals but won't help in areas of no signal. Wilson was a common antenna name in ham radio that worked well.

---