Skip to main content
Topic: Generator won't shut off (Read 1571 times) previous topic - next topic

Generator won't shut off

Yahoo Message Number: 111319
Generator started normally and ran normally for hours but would not shut down using either the rocker switch on the panel above the entry door or the rocker switch in the bedroom. I had to go outside to the generator bay and use the switch on the generator to shut the unit down. Any thoughts? Steve, 2002 Intrigue #11382

Re: Generator won't shut off

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 111323
Lee ... not meaning to sound dumb but how do I "reboot" the Silverleaf? Thanks, Steve (2002 Intrigue 11382)

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 111324
Nothing dumb . . . a good question. There should be a red light or "fault" readout on your SilverLeaf in-coach unit. In my 07 Intrigue the main SilverLeaf unit is in an enclosed box on a sidewall in the first or second roadside storage bay. Look for a "Main" connection. Unplug for at least 30 seconds. Hopefully that will clear it up. Also, sometimes turning the main House switch by the door off/on will it too.

Lee

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 111327
Unlikely that an '02 Intrigue has the SilverLeaf system.

Dick May

2002 Intrigue, #11438
Dick May
2002 Intrigue, #11438, towing a
2014 Jeep Gr Cherokee ecoDiesel

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 111344
Our 2002 Intrigue that had the "generator failure to shut off" problem does have a SilverLeaf but it is only the VMS 200 EL model, which does not appear to have any interaction with the generator. I will continue pursuing the problem of the generator not shutting down using the two interior switches but that will have to wait until we get out of the oppressive 110-degree heat here in Redding California where we are hunkered down in a campground so that we can keep the air conditioners running while we visit with an aging parent in the area. Boondocking with solar and the generator ceased to be an option when the heat wave hit. I'll post again once we have a chance to test the generator in a more hospitable environment.
Steve, 2002 Intrigue 11382