Skip to main content
Topic: Hex Bolt replacement (Read 1224 times) previous topic - next topic

Hex Bolt replacement

Yahoo Message Number: 111338
Hi-

A hex bolt on our passenger living room slide broke. Does anyone know how we can get access to it to change it out? We have the bolts from Kevin. I think it's the bolt on the front arm but not positive.

Lauren

2005 Inspire 330 with 4 slides

Re: Hex Bolt replacement

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 111342
Is it the shear pin that has broken? If yes, is it the front or rear shear pin. I have changed many of these on the front on the 40' Inspire. I might be able to walk you through the process. Let me know. Jock Vargo

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 111343
Hi,

I had the same issue. The access to the front bolt is behind the casing of the front wheel well. You will need to have the tires turned @ a 45 degree angle to gain access to the inside the wheel well cover & remove the casing to reach the bolt. I can tell you this was a huge pain & was grateful that i had paid a tech to do it. I wish you best of luck.

Abe

04 Inspire

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 111352
Hi- Yes it was the shear pin. I heard it snap while driving through a construction zone on the freeway. I ended up calling a tech who for $125 had it all switched out and done within an hour! Totally worth the $! Thank you for your help!

Lauren