Skip to main content
Topic: Electric power cutting off? (Read 1548 times) previous topic - next topic

Electric power cutting off?

Yahoo Message Number: 111378
We are in a KOA in Canada just outside Montreal and hooked up to 50 amp power supply. Several times since we have been here(3 days) the electricity in the coach has cut out, the last time it happened we were only running tv, satellite dish and exhaust fan. After a few minutes everything come back on.
The Progressive Industry meter in the bay with the SurgeGuard shows: L1 121v
L2 113v,
60hz,
E0.

After coming on the Smart EMS inside the coach shows: 50amp service.
Xantrex shows: AC in,
Charge: DC Volts14.0,
Invert: DC amps 10

Incoming AC Breaker Amps: 20

Since this has never happened before this campground I am wondering if this is a problem with the power source or the coach. We are leaving in th morning so my question may be answered at our next stop.
I appreciate any help with this problem.

George Magee

06 Inspire 360, #51639

Re: Electric power cutting off?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 111379
What does the surge guard show when power out?

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 111381
Hi George....

Had a similar experience. In my case, the surge protector could not detect a ground & shut the power off. It took a lot of testing to isolate the problem. Turned out it was worn brushes inside the power cord take up reel. $700 bucks later and a new Power Take Up Reel & the problem was solved.
My savior was a well trained tech who found the issue with his volt meter.
FYI......
D Jean
CC 81072

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 111386
Thanks for the suggestions. We are in a new campground and after about 2 hours everything seems to be working fine. Have 124v on each line, W/H, battery charger inverter and microwave all work at same time.
Montreal South KOA may have a low voltage situation causing yesterdays issues.
Thanks again to those that offered suggestions George

06 Inspire 51639