Skip to main content
Topic: Desert Auto Plex (Read 2326 times) previous topic - next topic

Desert Auto Plex

Yahoo Message Number: 111409
Hi,

Has anyone been to Desert Auto Plex since Eric Olstrum moved there?

Thanks,
Bob

01 Affinity 6009

Re: Desert Auto Plex

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 111410
Yes I have and I have to say that I would not go again until a year or so has passed. Eric is trying to get this very unorganized, unskilled, poor workmanship service department in order. I made two trips from Yuma to have my door problems addressed. The second time they replaced the hinge, I bought it from Kevin, and Eric personally told the help how to address the issue. Picked up the coach and found some interior paneling had been ripped off, the drivers chair covered in grease as well as the steering wheel. I think Eric will get it done, but maybe give him a year or so....

Steve Wilcomb 2000 Magna #5784

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 111411
Sorry to see that. Yes Eric is expert at these coaches, but he needs good help, he can't do it all  himself. I think it is onward and upward for Eric, as he is the Operations Manager there now. So good for Eric. Hard work and dedication paid off for him. Not so good for us, but I am happy for him. I hope he can straighten that place out given time.

Greg

06 Magna 6642
2006 Magna Rembrandt C13
2016 Jeep GC toad

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 111413
Yes, just left there last week. Eric is doing an awesome job of getting a sinking ship off the bottom. Eric needs more good help (QUALIFIED) so it is running a bit slow. Eric is very patient and works with and teach them. Randy from Tucson is also there to help Eric in this huge endeavor.

What else can I tell you?

Gary Glenn

ServiceMaster by A-Town / Hi-Tech
325-665-4993

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 111415
I have exchanged e-mails with Eric and he said that around October for them to be up and running. He also has help us with problems by exchanging e-mails. He has told me to contact his SA, man by the name of Mike Royce. What happened to Ryan?

Wally & Elta Mae

2007Allure 470 #31535

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 111416
Yes.

After several emails with Eric late last year and early this year we had a confirmed appointment with him at Autoplex 17th April 2017.
Shortly before our departure from Tampa for Mesa the appointment of our rather long list of items to correct/repair was once more confirmed with Eric.

Upon arrival at Mesa Autoplex Eric was absent. No one knew about us. We were not in the "planning" so nothing could be done for us. At first we were advised, very politely, to leave. Nonetheless, a kind tech person looked at a fuel delivery problem for us. Unfortunately with zero result. The bill was not zero however.

So we continued on our trip to Seattle. On the road I managed to fix some things myself. The fuel delivery problem was finally addressed in Flagstaff (Rush Diesel) in a quick, competent and at very reasonable cost. After being towed 60 miles by AAA.

We have limited time in the US when we come here. Eric knew that.

Happy camper? Not.

Dick Bogaard

AC Heritage '02
80904 SS

Ex:'03 Country Coach Allure, 40' tag, #30905

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 111422
Mike Royce was my service advisor, really nice guy but came from auto side. He will get the hang of it. My coach was the coach from hell, he got trial by fire with us. Eric is trying to train him right, he will make it. Just don't mention my name to Mike he may run. If anyone know some professional tech looking for a great place to work tell them to contact Eric at Desert Autoplex. We have to many CC and not enough knowledgeable techs to keep them running.

Gary Glenn
2006 Magna

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 111426
Since you where coming from Mesa, I would have thought that Junction City or Eugene (Oregon Motor Coach) would have been a good place to stop.

Speaking of Mesa do you have any experiences in Mesa?

Wally & Elta Mae

2007Allure 470 #31535

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 111427
Mesa AZ is where Desert Autoplex is located.

Ray

They say wine improves with age! As I enter my golden years, I say age improves with wine! The Born Loser

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 111438
Thanks, I do know where Desert Autoplex is. Maybe some other shops in the area, good restaurants or wine?

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 111449
In reference to places to go in Mesa.

They have a restaurant called Organ Stop and there is a performance on an organ and lots of other instruments throughout the restaurant. You may want to check their website for performances. It was a unique place to go.

Their downtown area is also nice with shops and museums.

If you like Mexican food, we would recommend Garcia's on Gilbert.

Debbie Glenn