Skip to main content
Topic: Questions on 98 Allure 36', one slide (Read 871 times) previous topic - next topic

Questions on 98 Allure 36', one slide

Yahoo Message Number: 10305
I plan to look at a local 1998 Allure 36', 330 HP, 56,000 miles, with one slide that is for sale by a private owner at a asking price of $99,000.

Is there anything in particluar to be aware of with this model and year? Are the tires and axles well matched to the coach for this year/model? Any other pros/cons? I know it is pre IFS, does anyone know what wheel cut angle is on the steering?

Thanks,
Dan

Re: Questions on 98 Allure 36', one slide

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 10311
Dan -

I sent you an email - let me know if you don't receive it.

Dave

'98 Allure 36 #30187

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 10323
If this coach lives in Albuquerque, then its my old coach. I am on the road, I'll check my e-mail again Saturday. TOM 2004 Intrigue.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 10328
Yep, it was indeed in Albuquerque. However, it sold before I looked at it.

Thanks,
Dan

Quote from: C\. Marshall
> If this coach lives in Albuquerque, then its my old coach. I am on

the road,

I'll check my e-mail again Saturday. TOM 2004 Intrigue.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 10342
I paid $92K for the same coach with 43K miles on it last fall.
Condition was very good. The asking price on this coach sounds a bit high so negotiate aggressively.

Things I'd look close at:
1. The Segi double glazed windows have widespread if not universal seal failure due to defective manufacture. However, neither Segi or CC is willing to take responsibility for an obviously defect. These cost about $350 per window to replace, not including labor. There's a lot about this problem earlier on this board. I have photos of what it looks like.

2. Unless someone has made the necessary modification, you'll get a lot of wind noise from the front door because of interference between the bracket that holds the door closer and the lip on the body of the coach above the door. This is a very easy fix and has been explained previously on this board.

3. If this coach has the original shocks, they are too weak to control excessive bouncing. Cost to replace is about $600.

4. This coach was subject to a tire recall in which the Toyos on the front were replaced with higher capacity Continentals. Make sure this has been done.
 (you can call CC tech assistance with the coach number and they will check to see that all factory recalls have been done. CC keeps good records).

5. Wheel cut I believe is 53%, very adequate. I find this coach can be turned into places my previous 33 foot gas coach would not go.

6. Check the fabric hinges on the big Zip Dee main awning. Both of
mine had serious rot and had to be replaced. I did the work in a few hours. You can call Zip Dee direct (phone numbers on their web site) and they are fantastic on the phone. Also found the holder loops on the window awnings needed replacement. Again, Zip Dee has a very nice and easy to do fix for those. The new ones are much heavier than the old ones.

We just got back from a 5k miles trip back east in ours and loved it. I strongly recommend the sofa/dinette slide over the kitchen slide as it is simpler, less likely to cause problems, and creates maximum interior space.

Hope this helps!
Dan

'98 Allure #30180

Quote from: ac7880
I plan to look at a local 1998 Allure 36', 330 HP, 56,000 miles, > with one slide that is for sale by a private owner at a asking

price

of $99,000.

Is there anything in particluar to be aware of with this model and > year? Are the tires and axles well matched to the coach for this > year/model? Any other pros/cons? I know it is pre IFS, does

anyone

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 10343
I just caught your second post. If you want to come by and look at mine so you know what they're like, email me. I am in Albuquerque also.
Dan

Allure #30180

Quote from: ac7880
Yep, it was indeed in Albuquerque. However, it sold before I

looked

at it.

Thanks,
Dan

[quote author=C. Marshall"

> If this coach lives in Albuquerque, then its my old coach. I am

on

the road,

> I'll check my e-mail again Saturday. TOM 2004 Intrigue.
>