Skip to main content
Topic: Branson campgrounds?? (Read 1252 times) previous topic - next topic

Branson campgrounds??

Yahoo Message Number: 11528
I am considering a trip to Branson and was wondering if anyone had a suggestion or experience with a nice campground in a good location? I would appreciate it if you want to recommend any shows that are really good.

Thanks!

Re: Branson campgrounds??

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 11534
Exactly a year ago I flew out to Branson, stayed in a timeshare and checked out over a dozen RV parks in preparation for a trip I was planning for our (Del Webb) Sun City Roseville RV Club (California).

The opinions of campgrounds will vary person to person. I am on the road now, enroute to Branson, via a roundabout route (www.suncitykid.com/where). I don't have my notes with me, but here are a few of my comments:

My favorite is Acorn Acres in West Branson, near Silver Dollar City, on easy highways for quick, simple access to Branson. It is a small park, so it could not dedicated two dozen spaces to our RV Club.
Our group (23 RVs) will be staying at American Best Campground (ABC) for one week from 09/26-10/3/2004. The park handles quite a few rallies, as well as individuals. It has WiFi. I found it a little confusing to get into Branson from the park because it is not on the main direct routes.

The KOA had a nice plateau for groups by a narrow arm of a lake, but the interior roads were a mess. I didn't like the individual sites.
The only park we found with concrete slabs was the Outdoor Resort in AK, about 30 minutes (or was it 30 miles) away. Beautiful, beautiful. They were charging $25 a night for outsiders.

Chastains is virtually in the city -- okay, but the clubhouse was just too large and plain for our rally.

There is another one behind the Best Western called Musicland Campground. Too terraced.

Check out my picture scrapbook, which shows many photos of several of the campgrounds and performaces. Cameras are allowed in most theaters:

http://www.scrrv.org/gallery/200309branson
Got to run. Follow our current trip at the
www.suncitykid.com/where/ .
Herb

2002 Allure #30690

Quote from: magnamama2000

Re: Branson campgrounds??

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 11535
"magnamama2000",

Herb had some good suggestions on the campgrounds & there are even more nice ones than mentioned. You didn't mention if you had a tow vehicle. If not there are a couple of campgrounds just off the strip that you'd need to use. If no tow let me know & I'll get you the names & numbers. If you have a tow then your choices are many(at least 20). I suggest that you park the motorhome & check out the parks yourself in your tow vehicle. You can see probably see close to 20 parks without driving more than 20 miles. One person likes the bluff overlooking the city for the night lights, the next likes the wooded, shaded country atmosphere and the next wants the open, just off the strip places. Herb has given you a great start(all great suggestions) and check out www.rvreviews.com for some more.
Many of the shows rotate regularly and again taste will enter into it. Every one seems to like Shoji the Japanese fiddler who has a beautiful theater and Jim Stafford who has a comedy musical show. The Hillbilly shows are what started in town and both the Pressley's & Breasear's have good shows. You will have no problem finding out who is playing in town when you are there and booking tickets. The town is rather spread out & hilly so a tow vehicle will beat walking, although it can be done.

Have a good time.............
Steve

Intrigue #10673

Quote from: magnamama2000

Branson Campgrounds

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 11539
Someone asked about a Branson Campground. We had an excellent experience there about 2 years ago staying at Shenanigans RV Park, 3675 Keeter Street, Branson, MO 65616 (800-338-7275). We were there in our old 35-foot Holiday Rambler and it was a little snug as I recall. But it is well located, and we managed to get in and out OK. Call to check them out.

Steve

Re: Branson Campgrounds

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 11573
We stayed at the KOA just outside of Branson this May.
It was real nice and we put the RV next to the river leading into a dam just above the fish farm (hatchery). Real Green compared to San Diego.

Best to you Adam 40' Intrg.
_

Declare Yourself - Register online to vote today! http://vote.yahoo.com