Skip to main content
Topic: Alaska, take Dinghy? (Read 1731 times) previous topic - next topic

Alaska, take Dinghy?

Yahoo Message Number: 93
We are planing on going to Alaska this summer and were wondering how important is it to take a tow car? We will start from MN in early June and return MN by the end of July. Does anyone have experience?

TX, AL

Re: Alaska, take Dinghy?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 95
Quote from: @j\.\.\.
We are planing on going to Alaska this summer and were wondering

how

important is it to take a tow car? We will start from MN in early > June and return MN by the end of July. Does anyone have experience? >

TX, AL
We made the trip in 1992 in a 32' Southwind w/o a tow car. My general thoughts are if you stay for three months or longer a car would be very helpfull. If as you are, only going for 6 or 8 weeks, the hook-up, backing, extra weight and stuff to keep clean problems would not be worth it. You will only be driving in two large cities, so no problems there. All of the attractions, we wanted to go to as best I can remember, had accommodations for motor homes. There are certainly some short trips into the boonies you might want to make, but would miss without a car. But the trips to the major attractions at the National and State Parks etc can be made with the MH.

Only my 2 cents worth.
Ken

Alaska, take Dinghy?

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 94
To All:

Al sent an email about towing a car to Alaska. To keep some of the traffic down on our board, I responded directly to him only. He sent me an email saying that he thought my response should be posted on our Country Coach Owner's board. My response is below.

Art

Alaska, take Dinghy?

Reply #3
To All:

Al sent an email about towing a car to Alaska. To keep some of the traffic down on our board, I responded directly to him only. He sent me an email saying that he thought my response should be posted on our Country Coach Owner's board. My response is below.

Art

Alaska, take Dinghy?

Reply #4
To All:

Art