Skip to main content
Topic: New Affinity ... (Read 775 times) previous topic - next topic

New Affinity ...

Yahoo Message Number: 12356
I did the post back a little about ordering a new Magna. Well, they had a new (just in, not all beat up by lookers) Affinity sitting there at Lazy Days. We looked it over, took of for a drive (drove a Magna earlier) and my wife said 'whats wrong with this one ????'.
She didn't notice the sticker I guess, but hell, it's only money right ???? It is very cool, both outside and in.

She really loved it. Oh, ok, I did too.

We bought the Affinity.

I didn't really want 45', but that's only three feet longer than 42'. Sometimes 'incrental' logic can get you in trouble I guess, but we will see. Acting as a team, we have not found a site yet we cannot get into with our 41' Dutch Star, including many trips to Fort Wilderness, so I have high hopes for the 45' unit.

I thought I would celebrate by starting a new post instead of continuing my last one.

All the advice you all were kind enough to offer still applies, except the factory pickup of course.

One more question (for now). There are no valve extenders on the rear duals. Our salesman, who used to drive over the road semis, said he does not like them (leak issue) and will show me a trick when we pick it up. Any clue as to what that might be ?? Seems kind of hard to get to the inside dual, and the outside stem is pointed backwards. Should I call them and tell them I want valve extenders, or wait and see ...

Thanks,
John

Durand, IL
Polk City, FL
www.keenelandfarms.com

Re: New Affinity ...

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 12370
John,

I don't want valve extenders, everyone in the tire business says they will be a problem down the road. So we live without them and when we need air we go to a tire shop or an RV dealer and have them put air in. Get the right kind of tire guage and have Smart Tire on all wheels including the tow vehicle and you won't need air to often. Our coach is now 4 months old and have not added air yet. But I carry more air in the tires then required so we let the air go down to where it is required then go to Lazy Days for service and have them add air. If you need air in the inside dual you need to craw under the coach to do it. We are thinking about putting a compressor in our garage but have not needed one yet. Having said all this, I would not get any valve extenders.

Bill G. 2005 Magna #6425 ( Lake Ashton)

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 12391
Was not sure which message to respond to, so I went back to my original ...

Just talked to the service rep who is in charge of prepping the coach. I asked his opinion. He recommended valve extensions, although he said it was possible to do without. He said try the trick my salesman suggested and that it would take about an hour to put them on if I didn't like what I saw.

Told him to put them on and I could drop back and punt later if necessary.

Good points both ways, and I tend to go for 'less complicated is better', but in this case I think ease of airing up, just in case, makes me feel more comfortable.

Thanks again for the viewpoints ... all were viable.

John

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 12409
I never drove a truck but have put around 105,000 miles on two CC Intrigues... both with extenders on the inside tires.

I NEVER had a leak...

My first coach had the braided extenders and my current coach has the ridged ones. Go figure!

Dick May

2002 Intrigue, #11438

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 12418
I think you'll find valve extensions helpful "in emergency"...we were told to get the NONflexible extensions..i.e. not the "woven type." We've had them for almost 4 years with no problems. We have SmarTire, too.

Enjoy the new rig!!!
Jan McNeill, Fulltimer
2001 Intrigue 11320

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 12442
Bill,

I can tell you we have had our Affinity for 3 1/2 years, have put about 55k miles on it--it has about 110k miles total, and it came with the rigid valve extenders. We have not had any problems with them.
We also put 112k miles on a Pace Arrow, and I put the braided valve extenders on the inner duals shortly after we bought it, and likewise never had any problems. Allows me to check the tires any time I so wish--I have a 150 psi compressor at home.

Per

Affinity 5259

--- gablerwh@... wrote:

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 12562
Per

We are currently at Lazy Days getting some minor repair work done and I asked Bill Stone my service writer to put 2 extenders on the inside duals. He said he would not put them on because they bend the valve stem on the CC and several other brands. I'll take his word for this and live with the regular valve stems. Lazy Days does not turn down money to often.

Bill G. 2005 Magna #6425