Skip to main content
Topic: Coach nearly stalled (Read 757 times) previous topic - next topic

Coach nearly stalled

Yahoo Message Number: 14080
I picked our coach up from it's 10,000 mile oil change. At the first 2 red lights from the service center the acceleration was poor. I thought it was no more than the engine might be cold. Than I got on the freeway and everything ran o.k.
Put coach in storage but when I picked it up this morning it nearly stalled about a 1/4 mile from the storage when turning a corner after stopping for a red light. Luckily there was a turning lane I was able to limp into at around 1/2 mph. Put it in neutral and checked engine revolutions, seemed alright. Put it back into gear to pull my tail end out of main road. Still at a crawl than it than picked up speed normally and I was able to get home.
Does this seem like a problem the service center caused or a more serious complaint? Of course I will be phoning the service people first thing Monday.

I checked engine diagnostics and it said no faults.I am no diesel expert so any imput would be appreciated before I call the service people.
Adriane

Allure 2005 31157

Re: Coach nearly stalled

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 14081
Hi Adriane,

I like to hear what the experts say.
Fuel starvation - fuel filters?
What color is the exhaust if any?
Fred Kovol

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 14082
Hi,

Another thought - check the valve at the fuel filter - is it on? Fred Kovol

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 14088
I had a similar problem recently, it turned out to be a hole in the hose on the turbocharger. It was fixed in about an hour by a knowledgeable mech at a Truck repair center.

John Bicknas 97 Magna 5416