Skip to main content
Topic: re.stalling coach (Read 677 times) previous topic - next topic

re.stalling coach

Yahoo Message Number: 14084
In answer to replies, yes they changed the oil and fuel filters.
Also something called the rectangular fuel filter (said I wasn't an expert) I don't wish to drive on a freeway while I don't know the problem but it seems to occur when I come to a complete stop and then try to accelerate. Will bring up suggestions of what the problem could be to service center. Maybe it's time to take a mechanics course
Thanks for imput.

Adriane Allure 2005 31157

Re: re.stalling coach

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 14086
Adriane

Your problem may be air in the fuel system. After the fuel filters were changed the air may have not been properly bled from the system or there could be a leaking gasket or o-ring on one of the filters. Take it back to the service center. Please let us know the results.
Steve

05 Inspire 51273

Quote from: adriane_stoller
>

Also something called the rectangular fuel filter (said I wasn't

an

Re: re.stalling coach

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 14087
Quote from: adriane_stoller
>

Also something called the rectangular fuel filter (said I wasn't

an

expert) I don't wish to drive on a freeway while I don't know the > problem but it seems to occur when I come to a complete stop and > then try to accelerate. Will bring up suggestions of what the > problem could be to service center. Maybe it's time to take a > mechanics course
Thanks for imput.

Adriane Allure 2005 31157
Another possibility: if all else fails consider having something (rag, paper towel, etc.) in the fuel tank itself. I've had a similar problem and it was diagnosed as something sucked up against the fuel intake causing stalling (incidentally also occured after making a sharp turn in town)- after stopping it would fall away and run normally for a while.

Old Tex