Skip to main content
Topic: 2000Magna (Read 1586 times) previous topic - next topic

2000Magna

Yahoo Message Number: 121
I have a 2000 Magna that I have 13,000 miles on. We spend the winter in Utah and Colorado skiing and had temperatures as low as 15 below with none or very little problems. Sure we have had things ti fix but nothing that you would not expect in a new coach. This is my 3rd Country Coach and the service I have received was great.

I had my last coach for ten years and 180,000 miles. Sure you are going to have things happen but if you don't expect that you should not be motorhoming. What I tell everyone is try putting your house on wheels and see how long it will last. Just like being in a constant earth quake.
I just thought that you may like to hear from a happy owner.

Mark Layton

Re: 2000Magna

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 122
Mark, don't get me wrong, I feel that Country Coach puts out one of the best coaches available and I enjoy motorhoming or I wouldn't be doing it. This is my seventh coach counting the lemon (not Country Coach of course) which I got rid of in months. . However the situation with the loss of batteries is a serious one that can't seem to be diagnosed. I dry camp repeatedly and I have to keep the generator running all the time because the batteries die. The reason we are discussing this back and forth is to get ideas on how we can get our batteries to function.
Sure, we all expect repairs in a motorhome, the number of components is huge and I have become quite adept at fixing pumps, loose wires, broken pipes, etc. However, I can not investigate the electrical system of my coach to determine if a switch is bad or if it is an inverter problem.
I count on the manufacturer to put the best unit available into the coach and not to pinch pennies. When I'm on the road and desperate for repairs I would expect Country Coach to get me into one of their dealers for an emergency repair but they will not do that, you have to fend for yourself. I'll stick behind my statement that six repair trips in 11 weeks is excessive. On this last trip alone I spent six days on repair shop parking lots.

I expect that my problems will eventually be resolved and that I will become a happy camper once again, but for me, when I need to go to the repair shop in my area, it's a day taken both ways. The coach has to be unpacked each time because of the battery problem and it gets quite frustrating when you get it home and it happens again.

Happy Camping

John Panzenhagen

Re: 2000Magna

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 123
RE: [Country-Coach-Owners] 2000Magna Well said John.
Peter
Britannia, Inc.
www. BritanniaInc.com
Phone 1-800-274-5245
Fax 1-219-483-3653