Skip to main content
Topic: (no subject) (Read 825 times) previous topic - next topic

(no subject)

Yahoo Message Number: 16849
Where do you buy Allison synthetic lubricant? Allison dealers want over $8 per quart. Other sources have not been willing to ship to me and I do not want to drive over 200 miles to get 5 gallons. A local petrochemical supplier offered to get 6 quart cases for $37, had my order for 6 cases, then called to say a mistake had been made & he could not get it.

TES 295 Approval Number Approved Marketer Product Brandname AN-011001    Castrol Heavy Duty Lubricants TranSynd AN-031002    BP     Autran Syn 295 AN-031003    Cognis Corporation     Emgard 2805 AN-031004    International Truck & Engine Company    Fleetrite Synthetic ATF AN-051005    ExxonMobil Lubricants and Petroleum Specialties Company Mobil Delvac Synthetic ATF

The list abeove is from Allison web two days ago. Cognis seems out, they market mass quantities only.

Inland Truck Parts & Service is shipping me 2 complete filter kits but I still need a source of ATF for the Allison.

Eric Elliott
05 Inspire 51321

Sythetic fluid ...

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 16850
Pardon a really dumb question, but didn't your Allison come with Transynd ???? I thought they all did now.

I thought synthetic was good for a bazillion miles or so. I don't plan on changing mine in my lifetime ... maybe filters periodically.
I better get the book out, I am missing something I guess.

John and Terry

2005 Affinity #6453

Quote from: Eric Elliott \[br\
] > Where do you buy Allison synthetic lubricant? Allison dealers want

over $8 per

quart. Other sources have not been willing to ship to me and I do

not want to

drive over 200 miles to get 5 gallons. A local petrochemical
supplier offered

to get 6 quart cases for $37, had my order for 6 cases, then called

to say a

mistake had been made & he could not get it.

TES 295 Approval Number Approved Marketer Product Brandname > AN-011001    Castrol Heavy Duty Lubricants TranSynd > AN-031002    BP     Autran Syn 295 > AN-031003    Cognis Corporation     Emgard 2805 > AN-031004    International Truck & Engine Company    Fleetrite
Synthetic ATF

AN-051005    ExxonMobil Lubricants and Petroleum Specialties

Company

Mobil Delvac Synthetic ATF >

The list abeove is from Allison web two days ago. Cognis seems
out, they market

mass quantities only.

Inland Truck Parts & Service is shipping me 2 complete filter kits

but I still

Re: Sythetic fluid ...

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 16851
John,

Your not missing anything but you do need a filter change at 5000k and that requires a few quarts to replace what is comes out with the filters. It is not that expensive at the Allison dealer and a lot easier then chasing around looking for cheaper products. You should put the Gold filters (Allison has 2 grades of filters) back in when you do the 5000 mile change. The Gold last longer then the regular filters and if you are going to run the full time period on the fluid you need this type. Allison is one of the few places you can get the fluid. It's a great product and they know it. I did my filter change at Lazy Days, it was just easier then running to Allison.

Bill G. 2005 Magna #6425

Re: Sythetic fluid ...

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 16852
It seems that CC didn't start putting in TranSynd until after my coach was built ('04 Intrigue, 08/2003) as I have been down this path. As for replacing the existing fluid with TranSynd, be aware that unless you go to a facility that can pump out the torque converter at the same time you drain and re-fill with TranSynd, you will need to follow the standard change interval for two more times before you can start using the extended TranSynd change intervals.

Quote from: John
Pardon a really dumb question, but didn't your Allison come with > Transynd ???? I thought they all did now.

I thought synthetic was good for a bazillion miles or so. I don't > plan on changing mine in my lifetime ... maybe filters
periodically.

I better get the book out, I am missing something I guess.

John and Terry

2005 Affinity #6453

Quote from: Eric Elliott[/quote
>]
> Where do you buy Allison synthetic lubricant? Allison dealers

want

over $8 per

> quart. Other sources have not been willing to ship to me and I

do

not want to

> drive over 200 miles to get 5 gallons. A local petrochemical > supplier offered

> to get 6 quart cases for $37, had my order for 6 cases, then

called

to say a

> mistake had been made & he could not get it.
>

> TES 295 Approval Number Approved Marketer Product Brandname > > AN-011001    Castrol Heavy Duty Lubricants TranSynd > > AN-031002    BP     Autran Syn 295 > > AN-031003    Cognis Corporation     Emgard 2805 > > AN-031004    International Truck & Engine Company    Fleetrite > Synthetic ATF

> AN-051005    ExxonMobil Lubricants and Petroleum Specialties > Company

> Mobil Delvac Synthetic ATF > >

> The list abeove is from Allison web two days ago. Cognis seems > out, they market

> mass quantities only.
>

> Inland Truck Parts & Service is shipping me 2 complete filter

kits