Skip to main content
Topic: Anyone have a bread machine in a CC? (Read 2119 times) previous topic - next topic

Anyone have a bread machine in a CC?

Yahoo Message Number: 129
Does anyone here have a bread machine and/or toaster oven in an Intrigue (or similar) that is able to operate OK? I need to find one that will work in a CC RV. Thanks..

Re: Anyone have a bread machine in a CC?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 130
Jan - I am not sure why your bread maker would be any different than a toaster oven.

Remember - I had an outlet put in under the cabinet next to the

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 132
Jan,

We have a regular toaster oven in the CC that we have been using for years, no need to worry about what kind your getting, they should all work fine as will any other 115 volt appliance.
Congratulations on finding the blown circuit breaker, it never crossed my mind when we were discussing things. I have had that happen and normally check it if I have a problem. (you should also be aware of where your ground fault outlet is as this will turn off at least half your outlets in the motor home if it is tripped. This is one of the first things to check when having an AC voltage problem.)

Risco RV Service is going to contact Jim Cooley to find out about the new settings for the inverter, I hope that helps to resolve the problem. I'm wondering if my having gel cel batteries instead of the normal coach batteries is causing some of these problems. The inverter was programed for them.
Here's some suggestions from my own experiences in motor homing, take them or leave them as you wish. When and if you dry camp, only turn on the inverter when you need 115 volts AC. If your not watching TV or using the microwave, etc. turn it off. The coach will operate fine on 12 volts as will the furnace and the pump. The inverter takes alot of charge off the battery. Check your battery levels in the morning and kick on the generator if you need it. Most of the people in my club (FMCA Four Wheelers) have solar panels and do not use the generator much at all. However, the generator companies will tell you that it is important to use the generator under load at least once a month to keep everything lubricated and sealed. You could use your heat strips in the AC while driving in cold weather to keep the coach warm. This will keep the generator running. Also, ( and once again, I'm only telling you things we do because you said this is your first RV) It's probably more efficient to run the roof A/C than the dash a/c while in hot weather. Your going to feel better anyway. If you have the regular coach batteries, you should check the fluid levels in them on a fairly regular basis, especially if your dry camping and refill low levels with distilled water.
Check the air pressure on your tires fairly frequently. Weather changes from Summer to Winter will change the air pressure on your tires. Have your coach weighed and correct your tire air pressure to accommodate your weight. This will give you a better ride. (By the way, if anyone is reading this, how about a comment or two about air pressure. We are at 100 psi on our 36 foot Intrigue with slide and I know I can go down to 95) I weighed the rig on a CAT scale and then did the calculations from the tire info manual.

Another hint, let your tanks accumulate the waste water, don't dump as a matter of habit. Never leave the valve on the black tank open while your camping, this will cause solids to form and a big problem later. Dump your black tank first, (I usually rinse mine after this maneuver) and then dump your gray tank. The gray water will flush out the black water in your hose. Try to wear protective gloves when your dumping and handling the different equipment associated with it and always wash your hands immediately after.

If we are in a campground and have been there for a few days or if I know the motor home will be stored for a while, I dump, rinse my black tank, and then my gray tank. I add chemicals to the tanks to keep the odors down.

Get a membership in Campers World to save on normal RV things. I have found then to be less expensive than most stores.

And because the Hurricane Heat does seem to lose antifreeze, check your antifreeze fairly often.
I've been told that you should see coolant in the sight glass by the overflow tank. If your running down the road and you feel a bucking sensation or something like the trans is slipping, check the coolant level. If it goes to a certain level the sensor thinks your low and will try to shut down the engine.

One last thing that could save you some money, if your driving in wind, make sure the awning on your slide has the stops screwed down tightly. A strong wind will unwrap that awning in the snap of a finger. Also, make it a habit to check the hook on the big awning to make sure that is engaged.
That's it for now, I'm really glad your problems have been solved and I hope that mine will be too.
I'll let you know, I have a feeling that Country Coach is going to be all over this to get it fixed. They don't need me griping in the background.

Best regards and happy camping,
John

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 139
"And because the Hurricane Heat does seem to lose antifreeze, check your

antifreeze fairly often.

I've been told that you should see coolant in the sight glass by the overflow

tank. If your running

down the road and you feel a bucking sensation or something like the trans is

slipping, check the

coolant level. If it goes to a certain level the sensor thinks your low and

will try to shut down" Do you mean to check the coolant level in the HURRICANE HEATER because it will do that (shut the engine down) or the coolant for the ENGINE? (doesn't the resevoir we have for the coolant (not sure if that is new this year) eleviate this problem (if it is the ENGINE you are referring to)?

MANY MANY thanks for your helpful hints...
Do you have solar panels? How many? Where did you get them installed? We're considering getting them next winter when we are in the SW where we imagine more folks have them and we will find dealers more adept at installing them.

Coach should be ready to be picked up this weekend, so we shall camp for the weekend and hope all goes well.
Again, my appreciation for your help! Jan

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 150
Hi Jan,

We had three 100 watt Siemens on our Allure, they were installed in Quartzite, AZ (a place every one has to go to at least once), but I would not recommend the dealer as I believe he was smoking something toxic when he put them in. (I believe it was Solar City). They ended up cooking my coach batteries (that's why I got the gel cels) and they put a hole in the roof to snake the wire in with a resulting leak that I had to repair after finding our clothes soaking wet.
I'm having two 100 watt's installed on my Intrigue this week while they are trying to debug the battery problems. I would look for a local shop that does custom work on RV's and that understands how to snake wires through the refrigerator vents rather than drilling the roof. It should be a quality RV place that does cabinet work, etc. Where are you guys located? I might be able to get you a lead on a good quality shop from my club which is nationwide.
The repair shop told me that Country Coach has been telling him that I screwed up the system by putting a better grade battery in. I offered the suggestion that I'll replace my two five hundred dollar batteries with two of their one hundred dollar batteries and if it still doesn't work we'll work it out in court.

Best regards,
John

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 157
Hi John,

I have had a 1997 and now a 2000 Allure. In both cases I had RV Solar in Scottsdale Arizona install solar on each coach. The owner is Noel Kirkby who has been installing solar on RV's for about 15 years. His phone number is 1-800-999-8520. After finding people all across the USA and Canada telling me that it was worth the trip to Scottsdale to have RV Solar do my installation. John, I'm sure there are other solar dealers who can do installations, but find one who knows their business. "ASK FOR REFERENCES."
Norm