Skip to main content
Topic: Coach batteries (Read 1838 times) previous topic - next topic

Coach batteries

Yahoo Message Number: 136
At the FMCA rally in Oklahoma City we had new lifeline glass mat batteries put in our 2000 Affinity and so far they are working perfectly. We had two sets of liquid batteries in 15 months which broke down and wouldn't hold a charge. Anyone having electric step problems, our's wouldn't retract and now it won't go out half the time, we've had it worked on six times with switches and relays all replaced and are still having a problem. Any ideas?

Re: Coach batteries

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 137
How much were your batteries? Did they also have to adjust your inverter?

We had a step problem with our new Intrigue which is "in the shop" now, so hopefully they have fixed it.
We had ordered the AGM batteries for the Intrigue, but the salesperson didn't relay the order to the factory in time, I guess.
Jan

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 140
Quote from: @a\.\.\.
At the FMCA rally in Oklahoma City we had new lifeline glass mat > batteries put in our 2000 Affinity and so far they are working > perfectly. We had two sets of liquid batteries in 15 months which > broke down and wouldn't hold a charge. Anyone having electric step > problems, our's wouldn't retract and now it won't go out half the > time, we've had it worked on six times with switches and relays all > replaced and are still having a problem. Any ideas?
Regarding your electric step problem, I would suggest you check the switch that is operated when the door opens and closes. My steps extended as I traveled down the road. (That was a scary situation.) The problem was the door did not make enough contact with the switch to keep the steps in. It was as though the door was open which extended the steps. The switch should be about 12 to 18 inches from the bottom of the door on the hinge side. Look for an obstruction such as weather striping that would prevent the switch from operating normally. It should be an easy fix.

Have fun,
Dave

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 151
Dave, thanks for the info on the batteries. I'm sure it's not my gel cel batteries that are causing my problems, my coach was dead at the dealers shop before we put the batteries in. My other note mentions what CC supposedly said to the repair shop.