Skip to main content
Topic: 2000 Intrigue (Read 2729 times) previous topic - next topic

2000 Intrigue

Yahoo Message Number: 1091
Has anyone had any trouble with the water heater hose busting and antifreeze seeping out and going all underneath the floor? Not to mention a few other problems. Write to me and we shall chat.

Re: 2000 Intrigue

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 1093
"Has anyone had any trouble with the water heater hose busting and antifreeze seeping out and going all underneath the floor? Not to mention a few other problems. Write to me and we shall chat." -------

I had a leak from the connections from Motor-Aid to the water heater in my 1999 Intrigue which I fixed myself. I also have done a lot of repairs myself since I am 300 miles from the nearest CC-approved shop. If you are interested send me your e-mail address and we can chat privately, if you wish.

George W Becker

gwb36@... 1999 Country Coach Intrigue #10700

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 1098
George:

Are you talking about the green silicone rubber hose where it connects to the heater? Did the hose burst, or pop off the heater tube. Your response may have a great deal to do with my experience , which I am told actually changed the way they do things at the factory.
Not a pleasant story. You will probably find it enlightening. I generally do all my own work.
2000 Intrigue
Jim

George Becker wrote:

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 1099
"Are you talking about the green silicone rubber hose where it connects to the heater?

Did the hose burst, or pop off the heater tube. Your response may have a great deal to do with my

experience , which I am told actually changed the way they do things at the factory."
-----------

My leaks were at the standard water hose connectors at the branch circuit to the water heater. Between the orange and green hoses. Just on top of the grey water tank. All I had to do was get at the connection and tighten both connectors. They were not much more than finger tight. Hardest part was figuring how to get to it without removing the grey water tank. I could never get CC factory service interested in my problem so I did it myself.

George W Becker

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 1100
George:

Welcome to the real world;

I went through exactly the same problem. The cure was terrible, but it will never happen again.
The stupidity of the problem is that there should have never been an inaccessible joint like that in the first place. I replaced the hose from the electric booster pump in the rear all the way to the water heater area, where I inserted a coupling of the same type that CC uses except that it is a reducing coupler 3/4" to 5/8" which is the correct size of the water heater piping. I use a molded rubber hose to attach to the water heater just like CC uses up front to Connect to the heater core.
I then moved the joint from the hose coming from the front to the overhead of my storage compartment ( in case it ever leaked again) and ran another new hose direct to the water heater with another molded hose etc. I now only have Red hose in the system. CC squeezes the 3/4" hose down to 5/8" to make it work on the water heater rather than use a reducer fitting which can be bought at any auto parts house.

The reason for why the joint was where it was, is evident when you look at their pictures of the dyno test.

All the red hose is run from rear to front for the chassis test then cut to suit depending where the water heater is located when they put the floor on. The green hose is easier to work with for routing to the water heater. I am told they have changed their policy on where to locate joints.
I was leaking antifreeze from the middle of the coach . what a mess to fix out of warrantee

George Becker wrote:

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 1102
"I was leaking antifreeze from the middle of the coach . what a mess to fix out of warrantee"
----------------

Mine was still in warranty but finding a nearby shop and convincing CC the problem existed was not worth the effort. At least I utilized all the extra room between the floor and top of grey tank for storage.
I have other things I would like to discuss with you since you seem to be a rare owner who does his own repairs. Please leave your email address so I can discuss offline before complaints come in about using this newsgroup for private discussions.

George W Becker

2000 Intrigue

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 12204
Just bought our first C C and joined the club. I have a question about the black water tank. The wash down line for the black water tank is clogged. Any suggestions how to unclogg? I have called the factory & they didn't have any suggestions.

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 12205
The line itself is probably not clogged. It's most likely the nozzle at the tank that is clogged. The nozzle has small pin holes that can trap solids very easily. There are three screws that hold the nozzle at the tank. The nozzle is also attached to the line with a hand tight type fitting. The access for the nozzle on mine is behind a removable panel on the passenger side storage bay opposite the plumbing bay. Once removed, the nozzle jets can be unclogged with a safety pin.
Rob

'02 Intrigue - #11480

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 12206
In addition to the possibility that it might be clogged as mentioned in the previous post, we found that it's also subject to water pressure variances. In low water pressure campgrounds we have found it won't work, but in others with higher pressures it will...so it's not always a clog.
Enjoy your Intrigue!
Jan McNeill, Fulltimer
2001 Intrigue 11320
Currently in TX

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 12212
Hi--A while back I thought ours was plugged also. However before I could take it apart to clean the orifaces, we were in a campground with higher water pressure and it cleaned itself!

Don Krahling
Intrigue #11238

---------- Original Message

Reply-To: Country-Coach-Owners@yahoogroups.com Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 17:28:38 -0000

>In addition to the possibility that it might be clogged as mentioned >in the previous post, we found that it's also subject to water >pressure variances. In low water pressure campgrounds we have found >it won't work, but in others with higher pressures it will...so it's >not always a clog.
Enjoy your Intrigue!
Jan McNeill, Fulltimer
2001 Intrigue 11320
Currently in TX
Sent via the WebMail system at dock.net

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 12221
I gravity fill the inlet to the black tank cleanout with vinegar (white -- not balsamic) and leave it for at least a day.... maybe two. That will dissolve any build-up of minerals that it comes in contact with. Repeat if necessary.

Dick May

2002 Intrigue, #11438

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 12222
Quote from: beezer012345
>

Just bought our first C C and joined the club. I have a question > about the black water tank. The wash down line for the black

water

tank is clogged. Any suggestions how to unclogg? I have called

the

factory & they didn't have any suggestions.
I have had the same problem. Cloged twice on last trip. A tech at CC told me to drill holes larger. You will loose some of the spray, but all. I also had an old Rv Tech (25 years) tell me to let black and gray tanks get about 1/2 full then pour 1/2 bottle of Spic and Span in each tank. Drive for a while and let sit overnight. This will clean all sides of both tanks. Drain and rinse next day. I had to peek, black tank was draining clear water. Spic & Span will not suds.

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 12230
Welcome to the group

It would be helpful if you get in the habit of including your name, and coach info in your signature. Some problems tend to be common within similar coaches with similar build dates.

Bill Harris

03 Allure 1st Ave 30912 (For sale)
Datastorm
www.usaharris.com/coach

Quote from: beezer012345
Just bought our first C C and joined the club. I have a question > about the black water tank. The wash down line for the black water > tank is clogged. Any suggestions how to unclogg? I have called

the