Skip to main content
Topic: Maint. Questions (Read 821 times) previous topic - next topic

Maint. Questions

Yahoo Message Number: 20498
My rigs LP generator just hit 150 hours and I've just changed the oil and filter. Very simple to do! It also called for the air filter to be cleaned. I had an extra one so I replaced it! I have an Onan RV Gen Set Service manual, but it wasn't very specific on the air filter issue. Since I've replaced the air filter, do I need to dab some oil on the air filter? I've changed the air filters on motorcycles and even lawn mowers and had to dab the filter with a little oil? Any help with this issue would be appreciated!
The second issue is with the motorized vent in the bathroom. The motor works fine, however, the vent gets stuck when opening. I took it apart and noticed that a small plactic gear is partially stripped! I've been trying to look a replacement part but no luck! Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Mickey

96-36' Intrique #10163

Re: Maint. Questions

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 20499
If it is a Fantastic Fan, call them and they will most likely send you the parts for free. I got both of my motors and gear replaced--no charge.

Egon

'99 Allure #30321
'02 Tahoe Z71

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 20502
Its an older style fan but I don't think its a fantastic fan which I have in the kitchen! Certainly a good starting point to check for parts though? Thanks! Mickey

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 20506
While at Home Comming a Country Coach tech was going around replacing vent cover gaskets by the barrel. I guess the manufacturer goofed. TWI 11731 2004 Intrigue.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 20507
Contact Fantastic. They are very good about taking care of their product. As far as the sticking goes, they reccomend using 303 on the gasket. The tech from fantastic at the east coast reunion told me to use it, even gave me some.

billy byte

2000 Allure 30443

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 20594
I had the problem with a sticky vent myself. A call to Fantastic revealed that they had upgraded the seal. They sent two new replacements no charge, prepaid with a tube of sealant within a few days. This company offers a lifetime warranty!

Jim Hedlund

2000 Allure 30413