Skip to main content
Topic: Thinking of getting an RV (Read 1774 times) previous topic - next topic

Thinking of getting an RV

Yahoo Message Number: 15
Les,

I appreciate the information. We have Dish Network at home and on the road although I haven't heard what they are doing. To remain competitive they will need to respond to the direct TV product, and that may be our answer. At the moment it seems everyone claims to have a solution but few of them actually work.

Peter Harrison

Re: Thinking of getting an RV

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 17
Pete,

I have also been told that direct tv is about to offer bi-directional satellite availability. This is supposed to be faster than DSL. I already have a direct TV dish, but haven't installed it yet, since I am not surewhere I will park this RV. I beleive thatsite is http://directtv.com/ you might want to check this out. i am going to visit it today to see if it offers any suggestions. I have already emailed them for info request. Out of curiuosity what internet business do you do, my own background hs been USS Enterprise-Ships Inertia Navigation and alignment (ET), iBM, EDS, Control Data-Manager of Education, Norden technoogies-protype flight simulators, GenRad-Automated tet Engineering sites such as motorola, Intel, westinghouse, GE, etc. Network Operations manager. Right now i am quasi retired, Military destroyed my kneecap and i had to have an artificial one put in. Spent 4 years in a wheelchair out of the last 8 years. No fun at all. Well life goes on. Thanks for help. Do you belong to any special low cost RV plans for staying at RV sites across the country and what are the average costs per night? John