Skip to main content
Topic: 97 Intrigue dash button question (Read 613 times) previous topic - next topic

97 Intrigue dash button question

Yahoo Message Number: 22817
We just purchased a 1997 Intrigue. This is our first diesel pusher and we are very happy with it. Next to the headlight switch there is a 3- position rocker switch that has a symbol on it that resembles an old fashioned brake lever. Does anyone know what this button does? I can not find a reference to it in the manual.
Thanks,
Chance

Re: 97 Intrigue dash button question

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 22818
Chances are it controls your exhaust brake

Mike and Marg Keogh
98 Intrigue 36' 10537

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 22819
I have the identical-looking switch and it is the exhaust brake.
Foward position is high and aft porsition is low. Center is off.

Larry, 2003 Allure #30856

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 22824
Hmmm one of us has this wrong. forward is low brake, and back is high brake. Center is off. If I am going to descend a long 6.5% grade I puch forward on the button and slow to about 45 or 1550 to 1600 RPM's and there I stay. I throttle to control speed. Do I have this correct? are we saying the same thing?

Thank you,

Jim Spivey

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 22825
Opps sorry on a 97 you do not have a "Jake Brake" with a low gear. I had a 97 Allure and that was not a two position switch. I could be wrong, in fact check it out call CC. Post the answer and square us all away.

Thank you,

Jim Spivey

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 22827
Chance, I had a 97 intrigue which I traded in 99, and if I remember correctly the switch is for the Pacbrake. If you have a Gillig chassis you have a two position Pacbrake with the forward position providing the greatest braking power.

Walt Rothermel

03Allure30811 ( for sale )

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 22830
I have a 1996 Intrique with the same button and my rig has a PacBrake with the 2 position braking power!

Mickey

96 Intrique #10167