Skip to main content
Topic: pack brake (Read 1660 times) previous topic - next topic

pack brake

Yahoo Message Number: 176
Does anyone know where the fuse is for the pac brake on a 2001 Intrigue? The brake isn't going on when I step off the gas and I've checked every area I could think of but haven't located it yet.

Thanks
John

Re: pack brake

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 183
Have you checked all 3 fuse boxes? There is one in the exterior rear curbside "service compartment" and two inside the coach down by your left foot if you were driving. Good Luck, Damon

Re: pack brake

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 188
Thanks Damon, I went through them and every other fuse that I could find including the ones by the batteries. No luck. I'll call CC today and speak to Tim.
John

Pack Brake

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 237
John, Maybe I'm late with recommendations but have you tried to move it by hand. I mean reach in the engine area and try to push it. One of my friends had a problem with his. It was locked on so he had no power and he tapped it with a hammer and broke it loose. Some times if the RV has set for a time the pack brakes get a little rusty and need to be broken loose. It is recommended if the RV sets for a time to put a little oil on the place where the shaft enters the exaust pipe.

Just getting my 2cents in. AL

Re: Pack Brake

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 297
Quote from: @j\.\.\.
John, Maybe I'm late with recommendations but have you tried to move > it by hand. I mean reach in the engine area and try to push it.

One

of my friends had a problem with his. It was locked on so he had no > power and he tapped it with a hammer and broke it loose. Some times > if the RV has set for a time the pack brakes get a little rusty and > need to be broken loose. It is recommended if the RV sets for a

time

to put a little oil on the place where the shaft enters the exaust > pipe.

Sorry that my replies didn't get posted, I didn't pull up the screen far enough to see the send keys. Instead I hit the post. Anyway, the pac brake dilema is an electrical one, not mechanical. If I had my druthers I would put the Cummins one in, in a flash. My mechanic has traced all the circuits back to the Allison modules in the steering compartment and now CC wants me to go to Freightliner for more work.
I have an appointment Tuesday and hope that this one will be the end of the problem. I know I'm going to be out a few hundred dollars for the mechanics time trying to trace this down.

The battery problem seems to have been resolved. The Invertrix was reprogrammed again and this time it seemed to take hold. It's really nice to see that the batteries are up to 100% charge after being plugged in all night. Usually we would be at about 60%,
I hope we're down to the final few major bugs, it seems that they are being worked out. Now I have to get CC to pay the outstanding bills from all the breakdowns we had in February.

All in all, when we get ready to go, I love this coach. Having had five before my first CC, I realize how much we have jumped up.

Pack Brake

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 237
John, Maybe I'm late with recommendations but have you tried to move it by hand. I mean reach in the engine area and try to push it. One of my friends had a problem with his. It was locked on so he had no power and he tapped it with a hammer and broke it loose. Some times if the RV has set for a time the pack brakes get a little rusty and need to be broken loose. It is recommended if the RV sets for a time to put a little oil on the place where the shaft enters the exaust pipe.

Re: Pack Brake

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 297
Quote from: @j\.\.\.
John, Maybe I'm late with recommendations but have you tried to move > it by hand. I mean reach in the engine area and try to push it.

One

of my friends had a problem with his. It was locked on so he had no > power and he tapped it with a hammer and broke it loose. Some times > if the RV has set for a time the pack brakes get a little rusty and > need to be broken loose. It is recommended if the RV sets for a

time

to put a little oil on the place where the shaft enters the exaust > pipe.

Sorry that my replies didn't get posted, I didn't pull up the screen far enough to see the send keys. Instead I hit the post. Anyway, the pac brake dilema is an electrical one, not mechanical. If I had my druthers I would put the Cummins one in, in a flash. My mechanic has traced all the circuits back to the Allison modules in the steering compartment and now CC wants me to go to Freightliner for more work.
I have an appointment Tuesday and hope that this one will be the end of the problem. I know I'm going to be out a few hundred dollars for the mechanics time trying to trace this down.

The battery problem seems to have been resolved. The Invertrix was reprogrammed again and this time it seemed to take hold. It's really nice to see that the batteries are up to 100% charge after being plugged in all night. Usually we would be at about 60%,
I hope we're down to the final few major bugs, it seems that they are being worked out. Now I have to get CC to pay the outstanding bills from all the breakdowns we had in February.

All in all, when we get ready to go, I love this coach. Having had five before my first CC, I realize how much we have jumped up.