Skip to main content
Topic: Anyone have Safe-T-Plus steering gizmo on their IFS Dynomax? (Read 2052 times) previous topic - next topic

Anyone have Safe-T-Plus steering gizmo on their IFS Dynomax?

Yahoo Message Number: 185
Has anyone installed the Safe-T-Plus on their recent rigs? (ones with IFS)? If so, has it helped with steering? Interested in finding out if it makes steering in rutted highways easier......also less wandering? Thanks...Jan

Re: Anyone have Safe-T-Plus steering gizmo on their IFS Dynomax?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 186
In 9bd76b+u1vm@...>, on 04/15/01

at 06:54 PM, janmcneill@... said:

Hi Jan,

If you're having a wandering problem you might want to check you ride heights (front and rear). My '99 Intrigue was wandering like a lost pig until I discovered that I was 3/4 inch low in the rear. It's really easy to check. My Intrigue chassis guide gave the specs in inches from the center of the wheel to the bottom of the frame rail. If you just add to that the distance from the center of the wheel to the ground you will have the distance from the bottom of the frame rail to the ground, which is easy to check.

Jim Ott, Chapel Hill, NC

>Has anyone installed the Safe-T-Plus on their recent rigs? (ones with >IFS)? If so, has it helped with steering? Interested in finding out if >it makes steering in rutted highways easier......also less wandering? >Thanks...Jan

Re: Anyone have Safe-T-Plus steering gizmo on their IFS Dynomax?

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 189
I have one on mine. If it is installed right and if your front end is aligned up right before you instal it. It helps steering but I'm not sure it was worth it. Said to be best if you have a blow out.
Making sure the current configuration you have is correct is the first step. After alignment make sure your side to side leveling is accurate. Talk to Rutherford at CC too before you make a decision.

Al