Skip to main content
Topic: Koni Shock adjustment? (Read 1275 times) previous topic - next topic

Koni Shock adjustment?

Yahoo Message Number: 26522
I tried adjusting my front Koni shocks today and one of them (pax side) would not adjust per the instruction on the Koni web site. I pushed the shock in, turn counter-clockwise until it went into the detent, then rotated clockwise many times (40+) and it just kept turning. The other shock on the driver's side turned clockwise about 5 times before it stopped and wouldn't turn any more. I tried to adjust the passenger side several times and it just kept turning. Anyone have this problem? Maybe it's time to replace the Konis? Thanks

Larry, 03 Allure # 30856 w/26K miles

Re: Koni Shock adjustment?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 26523
Larry, somethings not right. I assume you have the bottom bolt removed. Go ahead and extend the shock to its fullest then push it back to full closure and resume your procedure. You should only have ababout 3.5 full turns to detent in either direction.

Mike - Allure #30898

Quote from: Larry Feather
>

I tried adjusting my front Koni shocks today and one of them (pax

side)

would not adjust per the instruction on the Koni web site. I pushed > the shock in, turn counter-clockwise until it went into the detent, > then rotated clockwise many times (40+) and it just kept turning.

The

other shock on the driver's side turned clockwise about 5 times

before

it stopped and wouldn't turn any more. I tried to adjust the

passenger

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 26529
Thanks Mike, I'll give that s try.

Larry #30856

Quote from: allure012000
>

Larry, somethings not right. I assume you have the bottom bolt > removed. Go ahead and extend the shock to its fullest then push it > back to full closure and resume your procedure. You should only

have

ababout 3.5 full turns to detent in either direction.

Mike - Allure #30898

[quote author=Larry Feather"

>

> I tried adjusting my front Koni shocks today and one of them (pax > side)

> would not adjust per the instruction on the Koni web site. I

pushed

the shock in, turn counter-clockwise until it went into the

detent,

then rotated clockwise many times (40+) and it just kept

turning.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 26531
Larry, The turning of the shock when completely depressed was very smooth. I could feel the shock catch the slot only turning appox 1/2 turn, when fully depressed. If you are unable to catch the adjustment maybe someone has tried to adjust the shock before... breaking the catch.
AL

00 affinity #5851