Skip to main content
Topic: How to put FMCA plate on CC Ladder? (Read 2037 times) previous topic - next topic

How to put FMCA plate on CC Ladder?

Yahoo Message Number: 211
More questions...now we find the CC ladder is wider than the gizmos for attaching the FMCA plate wants it to be. We got the plastic "thingys" that attach to the ladder from FMCA, but they just don't fit. Anyone else out there with a solution? Thanks...I'll run out of questions someday! Jan

Re: How to put FMCA plate on CC Ladder?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 212
Use a couple of tie wraps and dril the holes a little larger on the FMCA plaque if you need to.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 213
My husband and I didn't want to put holes in the coach or attach to the ladder. He has a sign business, so he did the FMCA logo in vinyl. That way you can just stick it where you want it. He can do the normal black and silver or he can do vinyl and match your coach. That is what we did on our Intrigue and it looks great. The FMCA number is in a darker vinyl that shows up great on the lighter color on the coach. If you would like a picture, I can email it to you. Just drop me a note at lrobey@.... He can also do the smaller one for your toad car. He has also done a really neat CC logo for the window of our jeep. The great thing about the vinyl is if you sell your coach, you pull it off and no marks or holes.
Just let me know if you would like pictures. I'm thinking of doing a web page, but I don't know how yet. I'll work on that.

Linda & Don

PS. He has sold a number of these since he has advertised in FMCA in the past.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 214
I forgot to put a price. The normal size logo is $29.95 and that includes shipping and handling. The small size for the car is $14.95 including S&H. The price includes 2, one for the front one for the back.

Linda & Don

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 215
Quote from: @y\.\.\.

Hi Jan,
I used tyraps also to attach the FMCA "goose egg" to the ladder of our coach also. I drilled a third hole in the top center of the egg to attach a third tyrap to a ladder rung. This keeps the egg in position at all times and I can climb the ladder without hitting the egg at all. On the front of the coach, I attached the egg on the coach armor that is on our coach instead of drilling holes in the coach. Virginia has license plates for front and rear so attaching the egg to where the front license plate is normally positioned was not an option for me. The lexan is easily drilled and I put the egg behind the lexan so bugs do not get on the egg. I also used stainless steel bolts, nuts, and washers to prevent rust streaks.
Have fun,
Dave