Skip to main content
Topic: Batteries (Read 1524 times) previous topic - next topic

Batteries

Yahoo Message Number: 3443
My chassis battery does not hold a charge and I am faced with having to do a replacement. The recent posts have been helpful. However, in the Detroit area I am unable to find "Trojan" batteries. Okay, brand may not be the top priority. But as I look at the available Golf Cart and Industrial 8D type batteries I only get confused.
I can see that at least two Golf Cart batteries (wired in series) can replace one 8D both electrically (12 volts) and from an exterior dimension point of view but when I get to CA and CCA I dont see compatability.
The Golf Cart batteries range from 150 to 210 CCA with a 100 to 105 CA The 8D batteries have 1300 CCA with 1560 CA How are these compatible. I am assuming I can add the Golf Cart number but then I still only get a max of 420 CCA vs 1300 CCA for 8D.
I would appreciate any help that anyone can offer.
Joey '98 Intrigue 10350

Re: Batteries

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 3467
If you need a chassis battery then you do not want a deep cycle battery. With deep cycle batteries Amp Hours is the criteria to look for. For a chassis/starting battery you need to look for cranking amps. Check out the websites I mentioned a day or so ago...www.trojanbattery.com has good info and also provides a locator box. I have been satisfied so far with my deep cycle Interstate Batteries U2200 and the Interstate 8D starting battery.

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 07:28:09 -0800 (PST) JOSEPH CAMPBELL writes: My chassis battery does not hold a charge and I am faced with having to do a replacement. The recent posts have been helpful. However, in the Detroit area I am unable to find "Trojan" batteries. Okay, brand may not be the top priority. But as I look at the available Golf Cart and Industrial 8D type batteries I only get confused.
I can see that at least two Golf Cart batteries (wired in series) can replace one 8D both electrically (12 volts) and from an exterior dimension point of view but when I get to CA and CCA I dont see compatability.

The Golf Cart batteries range from 150 to 210 CCA with a 100 to 105 CA The 8D batteries have 1300 CCA with 1560 CA How are these compatible. I am assuming I can add the Golf Cart number but then I still only get a max of 420 CCA vs 1300 CCA for 8D.
I would appreciate any help that anyone can offer.
Joey '98 Intrigue 10350
Yahoo! Groups
Sponsor