Skip to main content
Topic: Alaska Bound, Invitation (Read 1569 times) previous topic - next topic

Alaska Bound, Invitation

Yahoo Message Number: 239
Sue and I are headed for Alaska starting on or about June 1, 2001.
We are going to leave from the Fargo ND area and are planning on going up through Dawson Creek and coming back throught the western route. Our plan is to be gone for about 2 months. If any of you are considering making the trip and want to travel for part of the way with us let us know. The round trip from ND is about 7000 mi. We normally start early in the morning and try to stop in the early afternoon. On good roads we travel between 60-65. We have never driven up there so are as green as grass.

We have installed a screen protecting the radiator area and have covers for the head lights. Also have purchased a cover for the tow car.

We have a boat on Washburn, WI that we have to get ready to sell which might cause changes for our schedule. Of course the snow in MN might cause some problems too.
AL

Re: Alaska Bound, Invitation

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 241
Hi Al.

I would suggest that you remove your rear mud flap, if you have one, as that seems to throw more stones on your tow car with it on than off. Also give some thought to going the west side first and coming back out from Dawson Creek. The bulk of travelers go Dawson Creek first, which makes for crowded campgrounds. Going the other way you will pass each other going the opposite way. We have been up there twice and that has worked out great. Any other questions you have give me a call.
A fellow Minnesotan