Skip to main content
Topic: 2001 Intrigue Oil Leak 370 Cummins ISL (Read 1850 times) previous topic - next topic

2001 Intrigue Oil Leak 370 Cummins ISL

Yahoo Message Number: 253
woops - typed 270 instead of 370. It's a 370 ISL. Our oil drip is the latest in a series of fluid leaks: we've had a fuel line replaced, an "O" ring on the accumulator, the rocker panel gasket that was leaking oil, clamp replaced due to coolant leaking on the coolant return hose, and now the oil. Several drops collect on the hoses that go under the pan. One Cummins shop thought it was dripping down from the valve cover gasket (wrong).

Re: 2001 Intrigue Oil Leak 370 Cummins ISL

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 288
Since reading about your oil leak, I've wondered if it might be the same problem that we have experienced with our Magna and Cat 385 purchased in Oct. 2000. The source of our leak was at the joining of the hydraulic pump and the engine. This is a Country Coach item and not Cat. The Country Coach techs at Lazy Days changed out the pump and gasket, but the leak returned and became worse after putting more miles on the coach. Finally a Cat. service center, with approval from Oregon, changed the two bolts and gasket and the leak is gone - for now.

The problem seems to be that these pumps are installed before the coach body is set in place, and are almost impossible to access.
Getting a wrench in place to tighten the bolts requires a magician's hands. I now have wrenches in my tool box that I think will work should the problem return.

Since engine oil pressure is relatively low, my leak did not have a significant effect on the dipstick. Check the bottom of your pump, to see if it is coated with engine oil. If it is, you may be experiencing the same thing.

Good luck,

Tom Bubrig

2000 Magna Indulgence

Re: 2001 Intrigue Oil Leak 370 Cummins ISL

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 305
tngbubrig@...

Since reading about your oil leak, I've wondered if it might be the same problem that we have experienced with our Magna and Cat 385 purchased in Oct. 2000. The source of our leak was at the joining of the hydraulic pump and the engine. >>>

I have had this problem also. Empire Cat in Phoenix AZ suggested adding a bracket to top of pump to help support it. That was 5 months ago. Now I have another leak and am at factory where they will look at it later this week. I will ask about getting support bracket.

Russ, who is now retired and can be diving... RVing... birdwatching... stargazing... reading... computing... napping... [[[[[[[cellphone 602-524-8502]]]]]]]

Russ, who would rather be diving...