Skip to main content
Topic: Exterior cleaning products you are usi ng? (Read 1744 times) previous topic - next topic

Exterior cleaning products you are usi ng?

Yahoo Message Number: 261
Jan,

When you go to different rallies there will be people there to "wax" your RV ... at others there will be some people there to "polish" your RV. We have had both done. We are now using a polish (by All Bright ... or something like that) WITH TEFLON. From the "polishing" folks, they say TEFLON in the key. The only place I found it was at a boat shop ... they use it on boats.
The label also says something like polishing will last 4-5 times longer than wax.

We polished ours about two weeks. We just got back from a Kentucky Derby rally. We were stopped by a couple who wanted to know what we used on our coach because it shined so much.
Art

Re: Exterior cleaning products you are usi ng?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 270
To All:

I have had the question asked about what brand of polish I use. The one I bought was manufactured by Star Brite ... Premium Marine Polish with Teflon.
The 32 ounce bottle ran about $22 (one version did not have the work Premium in it and cost about one dollar less ... I figured if I was going to spend the time polishing my RV, I would pay the extra buck to get Premium). I do not put it on the roof ... I think it would make it too slick and increase the possibility of falling off of the roof. The polish container has the following bullets on it:

* Specially formulated for use on fiberglass, metal, plexiglass and painted surfaces

* The ultimate in cleaning, shine & protection * Special UV inhibitors guard against fading & chalking * Super smooth finish repels dirt, grime & salt * Lasts 4-5 times longer than marine waxes * Can be applied over old wax or polish * Retard marine growth on boat bottoms
The bullets are the manufacturer's words, not mine. I told a friend about the polish. He is much more meticulous about the outside look of his coach than I am. He is a very strong advocate of this polish.

Art