Skip to main content
Topic: $1.79 Gallon Diesel ! (Read 1152 times) previous topic - next topic

$1.79 Gallon Diesel !

Yahoo Message Number: 43777
We just got back from a trip to the Texas hill country, Galveston, and Brazos Bend State Park, just south of Houston. I passed up a station with diesel at $1.79 per gallon. I had to give the outrageous price of $1.99 on down the road, since I didn't need any at that time. That's a huge difference from the $5.09 I had to pay in the mountains of Western Colorado last summer. Happy days are here again.
The FMCA magazine has a good article on Brazos Bend in this months issue. If any of you are ever in that area, it is a great State Park, and full of wildlife, including huge alligators. It's rated as in the top 10 in the country. We love State Parks and this is the second best we have ever visited. Top Sail Hill in Florida being number one. Also, Galveston is a ghost town, and the RV park there, Dellanera, was destroyed by Hurricane Ike. We were going to be staying there in February, but not anymore. We used to be able to camp there and throw a rock in the gulf from our campsite .. Loved the sound of the waves at night. Oh well, at least diesel is cheap and we will be headed to Top Sail in about six weeks.

R. D. Vanderslice
Rockwall, Texas
06 Allure 31294

Re: $1.79 Gallon Diesel !

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 43797
Now that's encouraging! Thanks R.D.!

Larry 03 Allure 30856

Quote from: R\. D\. Vanderslice
>

We just got back from a trip to the Texas hill country, Galveston,
and Brazos Bend State Park, just south of Houston. I passed up a station with diesel at $1.79 per gallon. I had to give the outrageous price of $1.99 on down the road, since I didn't need any at that time. That's a huge difference from the $5.09 I had to pay in the mountains of Western Colorado last summer. Happy days are here again.

>

The FMCA magazine has a good article on Brazos Bend in this months
issue. If any of you are ever in that area, it is a great State Park, and full of wildlife, including huge alligators. It's rated as in the top 10 in the country. We love State Parks and this is the second best we have ever visited. Top Sail Hill in Florida being number one. Also, Galveston is a ghost town, and the RV park there, Dellanera, was destroyed by Hurricane Ike. We were going to be staying there in February, but not anymore. We used to be able to camp there and throw a rock in the gulf from our campsite .. Loved the sound of the waves at night. Oh well, at least diesel is cheap and we will be headed to Top Sail in about six weeks.

Re: ISL oil pans

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 43842
News! As of now the only oil pans available from Cummins for ISL diesels will be made of steel and of course will cost more. There is a long story to go along with this that I will save till completed. I have a cracked pan and when Rocky Mountain Cummins ordered a replacement from Phoenix it was cracked also. So they went to Cummins and the good news only steel replacements will be available the first week of February.
TWI 2004 Intrigue 11731. Good thing I'm home!

ISL oil pans

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 43847
Tom, will the new steel pans be the same dimensions as the composite ones? I just had my oil changed and I showed the tech who was doing the change how to support the fitting when he removed the drain plug.
These composite pans scare me, I fractured one in a parking lot backing up and hit a piece of re-bar sticking up from a curb. A steel pan would have bent the re-bar, but the composite one fractured.

Earl Densten

03 Intrigue 11554

Quote from: Tom
News! As of now the only oil pans available from Cummins for ISL

diesels

will be made of steel and of course will cost more. There is a

long story

to go along with this that I will save till completed. I have a

cracked pan

and when Rocky Mountain Cummins ordered a replacement from Phoenix

it was

cracked also. So they went to Cummins and the good news only steel > replacements will be available the first week of February. TWI 2004 > Intrigue 11731. Good thing I'm home! >

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 43853
That's what I am told, but I don't think my auxiliary fill will work anymore???
TWI 2004 Intrigue 11731

Re: $1.79 Gallon Diesel !

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 43857
-We are in Punta Gorda Fl and the Wal Mart is $2.26 w/ the gift card.

2000 Intrigue 11116

ISL oil pans

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 43883
Tom, just to confirm, you are speaking of a steel oil pan that is an exact replacement for the low profile composite oil pan? I have the 03 Allure 1st Ave Tag Axle #30898. I had a friend help me install 2 heavy duty "skid wheels" on the bottom engine mount frame...this is after I cracked my first oil pan...but I'd still like to have a steel oil pan.

Thanks, Mike - 03 Allure 1st Ave. #30898

diesels

long story

cracked pan

it was

cracked also. So they went to Cummins and the good news only steel > replacements will be available the first week of February. TWI 2004 > Intrigue 11731. Good thing I'm home! >

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 43894
Yep, as of right now there will be no more shallow pans of fiberglass.
Cummins is supposed to receive their first shipment of steel pans on or before Feb. 5, 2009. So I am grounded! At home fortunately. The pans cost over $400 and they have to change some hardware, change mounting screws, etc. I haven't pressed the point but I don't think my reserve oil tank will function, but I may be getting the cart before the horse...
TWI 2004 Intrigue 11731

ISL oil pans

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 43917
Tom, do you happen to have the Cummins Part # for the new "low profile steel oil pan"??

Thanks, Mike 03 Allure 1st Ave #30898

diesels

long story

cracked pan

it was

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 43934
Yes, sir, lift the access cover and look down its right there. Can't do that if you have a C-12/13.
TWI 2004 Intrigue 11731