Skip to main content
Topic: Protocol Suggestion (Read 1634 times) previous topic - next topic

Protocol Suggestion

Yahoo Message Number: 34
Hello All,

We are Jim & Sally Ott and drive a 36 foot '99 Intrigue. It is interesting to hear from other CC owners. Unfortunately many of the messages coming to us are really responses directed to a specific person and not the entire mailing list.

If anyone replies to a broadcast message the response is also broadcast to the entire group. The original sender's email address can be found in the mess at the top of each message, but the default is to blast each response to the entire group. I can see that if this group grows at all we may need to remove ourselves from the circulation list.
A possible way to cut down a little on this problem would be to find the message originator's email address and send a response using that address when we are making a reply that is probably not of general interest to the entire group.

Of course this doesn't apply to responses to questions that would be of general interest to the entire group.
I hope you are all enjoying your coaches as much as we are enjoying ours.

By the way, the bulletin board at RVAMERICA.COM is a great source of information for all types of motor homes. As with all bulletin boards the quality varies from time to time, but there are a number of regular posters to that board who are very knowledgeable.

Travel safe.

Jim & Sally
--

jim.ott@...

Re: Protocol Suggestion

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 37
To All,

This is my first post to this board. We (Art & Linda-Sue House) have a 2000 40' Intrigue with kitchen slide out. Although I am still working in the Washington, DC area, we are full-timing. Hope to retire in the not too distant future and spend much more time on the road.
I was about to cancel myself out of this group (like Jim & Sally) because of the volume of the email I was getting. I heartily agree with Jim and Sally's comments. General info for all is great, but if the board gets too clogged with personals to folks (and the whole board gets them) we will find that it is of little use and people will start bailing out.

The board is a great idea ... but only if it works.

See you all down the road.

Art & Linda-Sue